The Sustainable Summer Fest 2012 organised by the Vienna Sustainability Group will take place on the 18th and 19th of August!!
It will be an overnight fest in Jugendhaus Schacherhof (http://www.schacherhof.at/), a large hut in the mountains in Lower Austria, which we have rented just for us. There are bunk beds for everyone and there is a large kitchen and several activity rooms, games rooms and many walking trails nearby. You can optionally bring a tent to sleep in (for the adventurous) but the price will be the same.
The location is 2 hours by train from Vienna. We will meet at Westbahnhof on Saturday, August 18 at 08:45 on the train platform of the REX 9314 (leaving at 09:18 and arrive at St.Peter-Seitenstetten at 11:20). Betsy will be there to meet everyone and we will buy the Einfach-Raus group tickets (http://www.oebb.at/en/Tickets/Groups/Einfach-Raus-Ticket/index.jsp) together once everyone has arrived. Please call Betsy (phone number was sent to you) if you will be late or can not make it!
We will have a shuttle car to pick you up from the St.Peter-Seitenstetten train station at 11:20. Otherwise it is a 45 minute walk to the Jugendhaus (http://goo.gl/xPA3J). For the return journey we will take the 17:37 train back to Vienna on Sunday, arriving at Westbahnhof at 19:40.
What to bring:
- Walking shoes and a backpack for the hike
- Sleeping bag or sheets (or you can rent them for €6)
- Towel (if you want to shower)
- Alcohol if you want to drink (we will provide all of the food but no alcohol :)
- Ideas of things you do in your daily life, or things you see in your community, to live sustainably (these will be shared at the discussion section_
- A short poem, song, or story to share at the reading circle (optional!) with a sustainability focus if possible
- The free box will be present if you'd like to bring a small contribution to it
- We will have screenprints at the upcycling workshop; if you'd like to print a shirt or any other article of clothing, bring it along!
- Bread baking workshop (Ben)
- Reading circle (Veronika & Betsy)
- Laughter yoga (Veronika)
- Upcycling workshop (Betsy)
- Contact improvisation (Teresa)
- Discussion workshops
The event is limited to 40 people. The first 40 to join this event will have to pay for the event by the 8th of August to secure their places. The cost is €32 euro per person which includes accommodation, all meals (vegan), materials for workshops, etc. Everyone who joins the event will receive a message from Mark (RUERO) requesting payment to a bank account which we will monitor. Please contact Mark (http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=5KTXFWU) with any questions regarding this.
Official flyer: http://goo.gl/faeZf
Discussion post: http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=25313&post=12121771
The organising team
(Betsy, Giulia, Veronika, Josef, Ehren, Mark, Ben)