Come join a lively group of passionate travelers for a night of travel buzz, featuring short presentations by guest speakers & breakout tables hosted by travel experts!
Get your tickets early at http://travelbuzz.eventbrite.com/ ($12 for Early Birds, and $15 after Feb 20). Tickets will NOT be sold at the door.
RAFFLE AND FREE GIVEAWAYS! 1 raffle ticket included w/ entrance fee. Bonus Early Bird Offer: Purchase your ticket by Feb 13 and get 3 raffle tickets.
- "Integrate into Local Communities with Volunteer Travel" by Meet Plan Go's Lillie Marshall
- "Solo Travel" by Kim Scheltz
- "Breaking into Traveling: Backpacking Around Europe" by Joshua Rottman
- "Working and Living Abroad" by Jocelyn Gonzalez
- "Optimizing Your Use of Technology to Plan Your Trip and Get the Best Deals" by Caitlin Condon
- "Cultural Immersion through Couchsurfing" by Kristof Redei
All speakers will also discuss cost-cutting tricks and tips for staying healthy and safe
Breakout tables, hosted by travel experts, will include these topics:
- Off-the-Beaten-Path Traveling
- Solo Travel
- Planing Your Trip: Where to Start?
- Health and Safety
- Volunteering Abroad: Teaching, WWOOFing, etc
- Extended Travel and Round-The-World Trips
- Alternative accommodation: homestays and couchsurfing
- Advanced Travel Tips for Experienced Backpackers
... and more!
This event is open to anyone interested in world travel, whether you're a novice or an experienced traveler.
All proceeds will be donated to Shanker Foundation and Cultural Survival, two grassroots, non-profit organizations dedicated to educating communities and advocating for under-represented populations.
Event hosts: Travel Buzz is hosted by a group of experienced travelers who are always searching for new ideas and the next offbeat destination. We travel adventurously and independently on a budget, and we want to help you do the same. We also host Boston's largest non-commercial travel meetup—Boston Expat and World Travelers.