>> Vojtek the soldier bear Wojtek (niedźwiedź-żołnierz)
Vojtek the soldier bear Wojtek (niedźwiedź-żołnierz) What are Group guidelines?
Group guidelines are a list of things that this group has agreed to and uses as guidance in operation. At a quick glance, everyone can see what rules a group functions by.
|What this group is for||01/21/2009
|This group is to help find volunteers to achieve the non profit objectives of the group. If you want to help. send me Richard Lucas a message with your e-mail address|
our objectives are:
The objectives of this non profit group are to
- Raise awareness of Wojtek's history. Particularly international co-operation, survival, endurance, patriotism, sacrifice commitment and the relationship between people and an animal.
- organise competitions (among children, students and adults) for paintings, drawing. singing and or composing "Bear/Wojtek" songs, statues, writing stories, doing research, interviewing people who knew him and uploading their histories onto the web. Competition entries would be open source creative commons licence to encourage wide distribution and copying.
- build one or more statues/memorial in Cracow in his memory, probably through a competition for the best design. Possible places suggested include, Planty, near Wawel, Park Jordana, Zoo, Park Lotnikow, Muzeum Lotniczy, ul Andersa but others are possible
- support groups in other parts of the world with which there is a link that want to do "Wojtek" related activities
- to give full support to the Wojtek Memorial Trust to build a life size statue of Wojtek in Edinburgh, Scotland
- demonstrate how a volunteer team and individual initiative can do something inspiring when united around goals we believe in.
Use his charisma to promote non profit international co-operation between people everywhere, especially in countries where Wojtek lived, visited or is connected to while raising awareness and promoting his story
video of Wojtek
Polish TV report