This group is archived. It can not be used and is here for historical purposes only.
Are you up to the challenge to see if you know your city really well? Are you a traveller who's looking for a different way to see this city? Or are simply bored this summer and looking for a reason to put on your competitive shoes as you navigate through the city?
You're in luck! CS Berlin is holding its first Summer Scramble - it's a race across the city as you navigate through some of the city's famous landmarks and hidden gems.
WHEN: Saturday September 12th at 9AM - be on time!
Not interested? We need volunteers!
1. CS Berlin Summer Scramble is open to all CS members, regardless of geography, age, gender, or waistline. Walk-in contestants will be accommodated, but priority will be given to pre-registered teams, then to CS members, in that order.
2. There will be a maximum of 12 teams. Depending on the total number of participants on Saturday, each team will consist of a maximum of 5 persons.
3. Groupings will be assigned by the organisers, and revealed as the race begins.
4. It's a race. Come early, preferably before the designated 9.00am start time.
5. It's a race. Wear comfortable shoes, and expect lots of walking, running, and sight-seeing.
6. Things you need to bring for the race:
* a digital camera
* pen and paper
You may also want to bring an umbrella.
7. Registration fee is 2EUR per person. This will be used to print clues, paraphernalia. Leftover money will be handed over as a prize to the winning team. This can be handed over at the ??????? OR just before the event for non-locals.
8. Safety first! Secure your things, and ensure your teams safety during and after the race.
9. Weather contingency plan: The race will only be cancelled in the event of thunderstorms being predicted by www.weather.com. A little water won't hurt us all.
Keep checking this thread for any further updates!
Ollie and the CS Organiser team
Members: 13 Sub-Groups: 1 Members in Sub-Groups: 2 Posts: 3 Created: Aug 13, 2009 Type: Public Moderated: Yes