This group is meant to build language exchange in Donetsk. It will be a platform to plan conversation meetings for several languages. Would you like to practice or find partners to learn a foreign language? We are now working to create a few groups for different languages with at least one person responsible for each.
Founded in April 2009 Language Exchange Club helps residents and visitors improve their language skills, share an international perpective and making lasting friendships. Now it is huge community of people in 9 cities over Ukraine and Western Europe!
Members of this group want to improve their language skills by meeting others face to face in an informal atmosphere. Normally, to the meetings come also native speakers.
In the language exchange meetings you can practice a language, share international perspectives, and make new friends. The meetings are free of charge and open for visitors without registration.
Please feel free to create your own language exchange meetings and be responsible for it. To do it, you just need to reserve the places in a nice Donetsk cafe and to write the LEC Donetsk event creator (Julia Komarova) at least 3 days in advance the massage in facebook with the following info:
• Language of the meeting
• Time of the meeting (from ..to)
• Location of the meeting (name of cafe in Donetsk, its address and number of reserved places)
• Evtl. mobile number
Advices for the sucessful language exchange meeting organizer:
1) to choose the nice quite and inexpensive Donetsk cafe in the city center and to reserve there the places
2) to set the atmosphere of mutual respect at the meeting
3) to speak the chosen language
4) evtl. to prepare some materials for the discussions
5) to announce the event in advance
6) to be present from the beginning of the meeting and to greet newcomers. In case the group is big, it is advisable to find other people to help to greet people.
7) to get feedback from the group members on the possible improvements of the meeting and if reasonable to realize it.
8) to put the note, e.g. "language exchange - German" on the table, so it is easier for the newcomers to find the place.