Location: The Couchsurfing Project >> Brainstorm - the original one....
Will you help me to graduate? :)
Hello Dear CouchSurfers!
My name is Kasia and I'm form Łódź, Poland. At the moment I'm about to graduate from University and to do that successfully I have to write my final thesis and do some research. As I'm a sociologist I decided to write about different forms of travelling on example of Couch Surfing and this is where I need you :)
I have prepared few questions I would like you to answer in some kind of essay/letter. Questions are in English, but feel free to answer in you native language (hopefully I would find a way to translate it - no problems with German, French, Spanish, Finnish and Japanese as well) - it's really important for me that you can express all your thoughts, feelings and emotions using exactly the words you need. Please, write whatever will come to your mind, there is no such a thing as "too long answer", it's even better when it's long :P And do not worry if it's written nicely or if you use good language - it's not school, it's about what you think and it's only for me to analyze (I will not post your opinions or your name anywhere, promise!). Normally I would sit and talk with you about all those things but unfortunately the distance makes that impossible :( So please, wirite it like you would explain it to me in person :)
You can send your answers through CS message or directly to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would really REALLY appreciate your help!!
Hope to hear from you as soon as possible - I need to complete the research till June 3rd...
And here are the QUESTIONS:
PLEASE remember - I really need you to express your feelings, like you are explaining all of this to someone you don't know and who doesn't know CS at all. Please, share your stories and CS experience with me here! Yes/no answers are not what I can, and definitely not what I want to use ;)
1. What is travelling in your definition?
2. Why do you travel?
3. What benefits do you think comes from the traveling?
4. Are there any things that you need to have to be able to travel?
5. Why Couch Surfing?
6. How did you find out about the CS community?
7. What prompted you to join?
8. What were your hopes and fears associated with using CS?
9. What do you look at while deciding on hosting / surfing?
10. Do you feel you are a part of CS community?
11. Different kinds of travelling
12. Did you travel in a different way? (for ex. did you stay in hostels/hotels, did you try brochure tours, etc.)
13. Is travelling with CS different?
14. If YES: How is CS different and why did you choose it?
15. What kind of relations with people did you establish through CS?
16. Are you in contact with people you met through CS?
17. Do you practice a return visit?
18. What is the character of those relations?
19. Does the CS make a difference in your live?
20. Do you notice any changes arising directly from CS?
21. Did the CS experience change your approach to travelling? How?
22. Do you have ANYTHING to add about CS that you think is interesting/important? Any stories about the people that you didn't mention before? Any adventures? Good or bad sotries? Please, write it here [:)]
I would also appreciate if you could send those questions and my message to your other friend from CouchSurfing - people don't really respond and I'm starting to panic cause i really need this till 3rd of June.
Thank you again and I hope to meet you one day on Couch Surfing!!