-------------------------GUIDELINES FOR INDIA EVENT IN NOVEMBER 2010------------------------------------
------------------------------------UPDATED ON 9 JUNE 2010-------------------------------------------------
DATES FOR INDIA EVENT: 13 NOV 2010 TO 28 NOV 2010 (2 WEEKS)
1. Background: India is a very vast country, impossible to see anything and everything in one shot. Its diverse, has multiple languages, cultures, traditions, cuisine, climate....its a wonderland. You will have to make plenty of choices, and the first choice that you would have to make is....HOW MUCH TIME WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEND IN INDIA? Depending upon your choice, one can make a plan, obviously we can make only ONE common plan, for all.....for individual preferences, you will have to do so on your own.........
2. Tours: We have planned 2 Tours, one in the NORTH (Its winter here, so will be cold) centered on DELHI for a week followed by a tour to the SOUTHWEST of India centered around GOA (It is warm here, more like summers).
(a)The DELHI TOUR would be for approximately ONE week, and would also include a visit to AGRA to see the TAJ MAHAL, AGRA FORT and FATEHPUR SIKRI. It would also include a trip to JAIPUR to see the PALACE, AMBER FORT, and perhaps a trip to SAWAI MADHOPUR too.
DELHI TOUR-Tentatively planned for 7 days, 6 nights, 3 Nights at DELHI, One night at AGRA, 2-3 Nights at JAIPUR.
(b) The GOA tour is all about beaches, spice plantations maybe an elephant ride.....and the sun.....this will involve AIR TRAVEL From DELHI to GOA of 2 hours....we have planned 4-5 days for Goa which will include visits to various places of interest, and also to the beach.
You can choose to attend BOTH the Tours for 2 weeks, or attend ONLY the DELHI Tour for one week. You could also spend MORE time in India. Either BEFORE OR AFTER the planned event. We will ALL assist and advise you, but you will have to make all other arrangements on your own. You could search for and contact other CS'ers in the areas that you would want to visit. Some of the suggested optional tours could be as under:
(c) Optional tours
4. PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED. We want to keep things simple. The INCREDIBLE INDIA FORUM will remain the main discussion forum, anybody can comment and express their views at any time. However, to manage information and ensure that we do not slip up on anything, and to help everyone plan the trip, please look into the sub-group which are appropriately named. They are all moderated and co-ordinated by the India group. Their names and duties/responsibilities will be evident to you all as we go along.
5. SIGN UP FOR INDIA TRIP. ALL PERSONS WANTING TO SIGN UP FOR ANY OR ALL THE TOURS MUST SEND A PM TO MEHER ONLY.
PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS OR OTHER THREADS ASKING TO BE PUT ON THE LIST. ONLY MEHER WILL PUT THE NAMES UP ON THE LIST AND UPDATE IT EVERY TWO DAYS.....IF THERE ARE ANY COMMENTS THEY SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO MEHER ONLY VIA A PM.
The PM should also include the following details:
Name(s), Country, Participation in tours (DELHI OR GOA OR BOTH), date and place of arrival to India, Flight details, date and place of departure)
6. ESTIMATED EXPENDITURE
Expenditures will vary from place to place. While we will endeavour to plan and confirm the expenses, they will remain as approximations. Efforts would be to keep the expenses WITHIN the planned figures and also include a reasonable cushion.
(a) DELHI- APPROX $ 50-60 per day.
Accommodation $ 20 per day on twin sharing basis.
Travel/Taxi $10 per day,
FOOD $ 30 per day
(b) GOA - APPROX $ 80-100 per day.
Accomodation $35-40 per day on twin sharing basis,
Travel/Taxi $10-20 per day,
FOOD $ 35-40 per day
TRAVEL: Once the dates of travel are confirmed, all should do their own travel reservations as per details that will be put up on the travel sub-group.
All are advised to travel in groups wherever and whenever possible. This makes it easier to control and facilitate airport transfers and other movement. It is always better when traveling in a foreign country to start ones travel and arrive to ones destination during daylight hours. Incase your flight is delayed, or changed, one manages changes easier.
For DELHI & GOA we will try and arrange for a Luxury Bus so that all can conveniently travel together. Hope it works. All costs will be shared.
HOTELS:Arrangements are being made at:
DELHI- GINGER HOTEL
JAIPUR- ARYA NIWAS
AIR TRAVEL: DELHI/JAIPUR TO GOA $ 90-$100
RAIL TRAVEL: DELHI-AGRA-DELHI $25
LUXURY BUS: DELHI-JAIPUR $ 15
8. CLOTHING: DELHI will be cold, morning temperatures could be 7-10 Degrees Celcius, day temperatures 18-22 degrees, so one would need a light jacket and a woolen sweaters for colder days & contingencies.
GOA-Would be nice and warm with temperatures between 20-30 degrees....cottons and beachwear.....
9. WATER-DRINK ONLY MINERAL WATER. Brands are Bisleri, Aquafina and other well known brands.
11. MEDICINES: CARRY MEDICINES FOR STOMACH, FEVER, COLD, PAIN ETC ETC.
12. Please carry photocopies of your Passport and Visa and a few copies of your passport sized pictures.
Created: Jun 6, 2010
To post in this group you must become a member. Just click the 'Join Group' button.