Wanna hang out with locals and travellers?
Take a look at and join us! Don't be shy!
WELCOME to Belém do Pará Group at CouchSurfing!!!!
If you wanna enjoy your time in this 2.5 million metropolis lost in Amazon jungle, this group is the gate.
Belém has lots of great and unforgetable experiences to offer for locals and travelers, so once here don't be in a hurry!
Enjoy the city as it was your last day on th earth. Take a look at the posts in the group and make yours! Belém is waiting for you. ;)
BELÉM IN FEW WORDS
Eating: vatapá, caruru, tacacá, maniçoba, pupunha, pirarucu, bacuri, cupuaçu, manga,
Drinking: açaí, açaí branco, bacaba, bacuri, cupuaçu, muruci, taperebá, guaraná, cerpa, amazon beer
Going: bosque rodrigues alves, museo emilio goeldi, praça batista campos, praça da república, teatro da paz, estação das docas, mangal das garças, ilha do combu, ilha de cotijuba, ilha de mosqueiro, catedral da sé, igreja de nazaré, complexo feliz lusitânia
Listining: carimbó, brega, tecnobrega, lundum, siriá, retumbão, xote bragantino
DID YOU KNOW?*
1. Almost 70% of Belém territory is of islands. Among the 41 ones, you shouldn't miss Combu, where you find lots of restaurants in the jungle, Mosqueiro and Cotijuba, both famous for its beautiful river beaches with waves.
2. The city is one of the famoust gastronomic spots in Brazil. Part of it comes from dishes as Vatapá, Maniçoba, Caruru and Tacacá. Plus the fruits and fishes from Amazon make your taste experience unforgetable.
3. 87% of Açaí berry comes from Belém and nearby towns and you can also find it in green and grey colors, called respectively açaí branco and bacaba.
4. Belém is also known as "Cidade das Mangueiras" (City of Mango Trees), due to lots of those kind of trees founded in the donwtown streets.
5. Lambada, the internationally popular dance in the 1980s, came from Belém and its directly influenced by Carimbó, a typical wonderful dance founded in Belém, coast towns in Pará and Marajó Island.
* Written by Lysmar Freitas
Click on the picture below to check out our Belém CouchSurfing Wiki
* 1 Getting In and Around
* 2 Free Wi-Fi Spots
* 3 Living Nature
* 4 Alternative Movie Theaters
* 5 Shopping, Selling and Exchange
* 6 Music Concerts
* 7 Getting there and away
* 8 Dangers and Annoyances
WHAT? Need extra help?
Contact one of the Belém CS Ambassadors
What is a CS Ambassador?
Ambassadors are experienced CouchSurfing members who contribute their time to activities that support the CS community. They meet up with new members, organize events, answer questions, and generally spread the word about how to be a great host or guest (not least of all by being good hosts and guests themselves!).
Members in Sub-Groups: 145
Created: Dec 21, 2006
To post in this group you must become a member. Just click the 'Join Group' button.