Location: Places >> Central Asia
central asia in august !
My girlfriend and i are planning a trip in central asia in August. We'll have 25 days !
Most likely we will take a flight to Tashkent! In Uzbekistan we normally only visit Bukhara and Samarkand.
- Does somebody recommend some other places in Uzbekistan and why ?
- So how much time do we need to visit both Bukhara and Samarkand ( include transport, no domestic flights )
I would like to include Tajikistan. But i've a few questions about that !
We will depend 100% on public transport. If necessary, we may pay for a private driver, but we need to limit that as much as possible as we're on a tight budget!!! I've also read that there are only a few border crossings with Kyrgyzstan. In tajikistan we are most interested in the fann mountains & Iskander-Kul.
- Do you think it is worth the hassle or should we skip Tajikistan and immediately head on to Kyrgyzstan?
- What bordercrossing are most appropriate for us ?
- i'm also fascinated by the pamirs but from what i heard its quite impossible to include it in a 25day trip ? True ?
After that ... Kyrgyzstan
Most fascinated by Karakol, Issyk Köl, Kochkor and Song Köl.
- Feasible with public transport ?
- worth to do both issyk and song Köl, or do we better chose ? Recommendations ?
- How much time do we need to do these things ?
I hope this short explanation explains somehow what we want to do this summer. Any recommendations and itinerary tips are welcome !
Thanks in advance
See you out there