it's this kind of awesome post i'd like to be seeing more of on this message board.
Location: Places >> North America >> United States >> New York State >> New York City >> Biking in New York
NYC's "World Naked Bike Ride" ~ 2010
Date: Saturday, June 12th, 2010
Time: Assembly begins at 5pm, we ride out (in waves as needed) between 6:30 and 7pm. Arrive early for professional body painting!
Location: Grand Ferry Park between Grand Street, West River Street, and the East River in Williamsburg, Brooklyn; final route will be communicated to riders who show up only.
2010 NYC RIDE
* [2nd Annual New York City WNBR. Naked on a bike is about as free as you can be! This ride is majorly fun! This year's WNBR is supported by a generous contribution of outrage from British Petroleum. BP is unleashing incalculable devastation upon the environment and livelihoods of people in the Gulf of Mexico, while the government is unwilling to reign in the corporate culture that has let to the spill. WNBR is a chance to put your beautiful body to work against this calamity, which is a direct result of OUR dependence upon fossil fuels and automobiles. Exercise your rights to bare your chest in NYC, your rights to assemble and to protest, as guaranteed by the US Constitution. Nudity is not requisite, please join as "bare as you dare" and use your body and bike to create the massive numbers needed to make this effective. Be part of the history and a new link to environmental awareness and activism in NYC! SOME RIDE SPECIFICS ARE TENTATIVE. BE SURE TO CHECK THIS PAGE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES. HELP PLAN AND VOLUNTEER FOR WNBRNYC BY ATTENDING MEETING 6/7, 7:30pm @ 156 RIVINGTON ]
* [VOLUNTEER/PARTICIPANT MEETING MONDAY JUNE 7, 730PM 156 RIVINGTON -
* [Co-ordinators and collaborators are crucial to the success of this - -- Numerous volunteers are needed the day of the ride to help create a safer space at the gathering and establish a resilient ride culture. Do you have experience with planning and executing large group rides? Location for a post-ride party is needed! Do you know of any large art/community spaces in the South Manhattan or North Brooklyn area that might be utilized? Body painters needed! Can you help paint the bare skin we will expose to stop indecent exposure to pollution? Can you get the word out to our many diverse communities here in NYC?]
* [We still need your help - --There are plenty of parties/rides/events to spread the word at, and bikes in every neighborhood of the city that need flyers so that their owners/riders will learn that the ride will happen. Get/print some flyers and put them up at your local bike shop]
* [ Make Contact -Email Mellow Yellow (see link at bottom of this page) to get copies of the flyers and find out where you can go to be of the most help. OR.. if you know where you're going, let M.Y. know so that he can either send you help or send other volunteers around to other locations. See more below. Help make the ride a success!!!]
FROM: June 12th, 2010 - 5:00 am
LOCATION: United States - New York - New York
ADDRESS: Grand Street & River Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211