Location: Places >> Europe >> Germany >> Berlin >> Berlin -alternative culture
Alternative Tour and Gauklerfest
For you guys thinking of experiecing Berlin beyond the Reichstag, there's a great tour me and my friends went on this summer.
- K76 (a shop selling absinthe and camping gear: strange combination, no?)
- A clothes shop selling items by the kilogram
- Views of Berlin's best graffiti
- Tachelles, a converted art squat with work by Tim Roeloffs
- National Park
- A massive indoor skate-park
- Curry 36, selling some of Berlin's most of renowned Currywurst
They also tend to organise a pub crawl in the night - the tour guide told us about some underground nightclubs (in sewers, apparently..), but we didn't get a chance to experience such delights.
I'd also recommend that if you plan to go in the summer, visit Gauklerfest (early August). Loads of food stalls, music, colourful art, and circus performers. Definitely worth a visit:
Hope that helps :)