Location: Places >> Central Asia >> China >> China Visas
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

How to stay longer than 3 months with multi entry?!?
Posted May 29th, 2012 - 2:23 pm by from Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France (Permalink)
Hi there,

I have a super annoying problem and how you can help me out.

Im going to study at the Fudan University in Shanghai for 6 months in the summer. I will get a normal student visa and then convert it into a multi entry as soon as I arrive in Shanghai.
Problem is now: My bf (Irish citizen) wanted to join me but he is not a student. He wanted to go as a tourist and every time he talks to the Chinese embassy they are telling something different. Bottom line is, he cant get a visa for longer than 3 months with multi entry and without having booked any accommodation.

Do you have any idea what we can do? Is it actually possible to convert the tourist visa into a multi entry one and extend it right at the beginning? He wanted to stay for 4 and a half months. Or do you know if he could do some kind of volunteering or working that helps him to get another type of visa?

We'd really appreciate your help,


Maureen :)

Posted May 30th, 2012 - 4:03 am by from Hamburg, Germany (Permalink)
if the visa is 90 days per entry he can go to hong kong just before the end of the 3 months (or latest date of entry) and come back just before the expiration

I had a multiple entry valid for 6 months with maximum of 3 months per entry and ended up 9 months in China entering one last time just before the expiration of the visa.
I took china-sss.com and flew to HK, arrived, got on the bus to the Lohu border, met a friend in Shen Zhen and a few hours later flew from Shenzhen back to Shanghai

Posted June 18th, 2012 - 8:56 am by from Chengdu, China (Permalink)
if you can find a company that willing to give you some invention documents ,then you can rub the lamp.