Location: Places >> Central Asia >> China >> China Visas
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

request for invitation
Posted July 19th, 2012 - 10:59 am by from Lille, France (Permalink)
Hey, I'm trying to do my Chinese visa from UB, But they're asking me an invitation+passport copy from a Chinese citizen! I don't know any Chinese citizen (of course I'm a tourist) so I would need the help from the Chinese CS community!
I've been thru all the others papers but since the law for visa has changed 2 months ago I need it...
Is there somebody to help me!!!
thank you

Posted July 19th, 2012 - 4:59 pm by from Johns River, Australia (Permalink)
Quentin. I understood that the visa laws were just changed but not coming into effect until 1 Jan 2013, but I have no hard info. What changes have u been told?


Posted July 20th, 2012 - 12:24 am by from Lille, France (Permalink)
As I understood they're starting some kind of tourist crackdown with more control.
Here is what you now need for a tourist visa when applying from Ulaanbaatar. I don't know if it's the same for others embassies:

The first question they asked me at the embassy was: Do you have an invitation?
Cause my answer was no, they sent me away.

Posted July 20th, 2012 - 1:42 am by from Hamburg, Germany (Permalink)
It says you can get the letter through authorized travel agent. Have you tried to locate these, ask the embacy where they are?

Posted July 20th, 2012 - 1:50 am by from Lille, France (Permalink)
Authorized travel agent ask me a lot of money to go for a tour in the case I want an invitation. I need to book through Internet cause there is no travel agent booking Chinese trips in Ulaanbaatar. I know friends who booked a one day tour around the great wall for 180 usd to have this invitation. I don't really like tours and spending money for a so simple thing!

Posted August 7th, 2012 - 4:05 am by from Shenzhen, China (Permalink)

Well acutally no matter for what kind of Visa to China,you are supposed to have an invitation to apply Visa.But there's difference of invitation for different kinds of Visa.
For a Tourist Visa (L) which is considered the easiest one, you will be asked for an invitation from a Chinese Citizen or Provincial Tourism Bureau or travel agencies, the details of you and the person/ Organization is required to be very clear in the Letter.It's for Emergency situations when you are in China.

Secondly, for the other kinds of Visa, you will need an offical Invitation from a company or some kind of registered organization, the Invitation shall be authenticated by the Foreign Affairs Department of China Government as well.
Which is more complicated.

For more details, please contact me via CS message.

Posted August 9th, 2012 - 5:19 am by from Johns River, Australia (Permalink)
Unless there has been some recent change, this just does not happen. Tourists are seldom asked for an invitation: those who are tend to be from countries 'of concern' to China. So normal tourists need not be concerned by this