Location: Places >> Central Asia >> China >> China Visas
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

Single entry change to multi-entry for China Visa
Posted November 25th, 2012 - 1:39 am by from Fort Collins, United States (Permalink)
I have just recieved my China toursit visa single entry for my travels in December. My travelbuddy and I are interested in going to Hong Kong and then back to China. I am wondering if it makes more sense to try and change the single entry to a multi-entry or to go to Hong Kong and then apply for a 30 day visa to get back into China.


Posted November 25th, 2012 - 3:16 am by from Vienna, Austria (Permalink)
I assume that u r first going to China, spend some time there and then go to HK b4 coming back to China?

Question is whether a change as such would be possible if you have a visa already. As far as I know multi-entry visas are hard to get these days but a double entry with a 60-day stay each time might be a possibility - I got mine back in Sep. in KL.

Getting another visa in HK should not be a problem. I also have a feeling that China looks at a person's Chinese visa "history" meaning that the next visa might be easier than the initial one. When I applied for my visa in KL, I fortunately had my old and expired passport with me which had numerous Chinese visas in it due to me living and working in China for some 5 years. The agency which handled the visa application asked me to supply photocopies of all my previous visas. I am not completely sure but somehow I feel that this helped in my getting the 2x60-days as I had no other documentation like hotel reservation or a ticket leaving China.

As you have yr first visa already, I would apply for another one when you get to HK. Years ago, I did it with an agency there - they advertise in daily papers - and it was hassle free. Not sure whether it works the same still.

Good luck.