Location: Places >> North America >> United States >> Pennsylvania >> Philadelphia >> Temple U students
You're invited to join us for the DCC3: 2011 Detroit Couch Crash, May 18-22
I’m Nathan from Detroit – one of a team devoted to pulling off the DCC3, the 2011 Detroit Couch Crash – our 3rd Annual. I'm spreading the word to CSers near and not-so-near!
I'm happy to invite you and hope you can come. The pics on DetroitCouchCrash.com say it all – great times await =]
Announcing the DCC3: 2011 Detroit Couch Crash
WHEN: Wednesday, May 18th to Sunday, May 22nd
WHERE: Many locations in and around Detroit
COST: FREE (donations to cover costs accepted). Some events may require admission, but our goal is to keep costs as low as possible and ideally to cover all admissions
If you haven't heard, the CouchSurfing communities in more and more cities around the country and world are holding big annual CS events, usually between a weekend and a week long and including activities of every type from dance parties to historical tours, biking to baking – you name it!
In 2009 the CS communities in and around Detroit decided it was past time to invite CSers from all over to experience the amazing truth about our city behind the veil of outdated misconceptions and stereotypes. In May of this year we'll be putting on the DCC3 our 3rd Detroit Couch Crash and we really hope you'll come!
Please take a moment to check out what we're offering. We believe it's among the most amazing CS events ever put on, but I hope you won't believe it until you see it and live it for yourself.
Here are some of the events we have planned...
WEDNESDAY May 18
* Ann Arbor Festivities – paint "The Rock," go ice blocking and bridge jumping, tour the campus and museums, then pub crawl, shoot pool and enjoy bluegrass before really diving in
THURSDAY May 19
* Mike’s Cabin Kick Off – Not to be missed if at all possible, trust us
FRIDAY May 20
* Mid East Meets Midwest (aka West Asia Meets Midwest) – tour the amazing Arab American National Museum and Islamic Center of America (largest mosque in North America!) and enjoy delicious ethnic foods and pastries
* Dinner in Mexican Town – tasty, cheap and roomy!
* Opening Night Bash – the big meet 'n' greet!
SATURDAY May 21
* Urban Ag With Ann – experience cutting edge urban agriculture first-hand
* Milliken Park Meetup – after breakfast we'll meet up to split off into event tracks
*** Discover Detroit Bus Tour – cover lots of ground and take in the best of Detroit
*** Detroit by Bike – get a real feel for the city by cruising the open streets and making discoveries
*** Downtown Scavenger Hunt – use QR codes to interact with Detroit and its people like never before!
*** Urban Golf – take a swing around downtown like it was a giant mini-golf course
* Dinner – join a group heading to any of many famous downtown Detroit favorites
* Detroit Pubcrawl – the night's still young!
* 4th Street Bonfire – last years' impromptu bonfire was such a hit we're bringing it back and then some
SUNDAY May 22
* Belle Isle Brunch – share a last meal before driving home or diving into...
* Belle Isle Fun & Games – explore this island pleasure park and enjoy everything from a Victorian conservatory to a giant slide!
Plus many wig-flipping “off schedule” events for smaller groups! But really it's all about the people. We hope you'll bring your ass to Detroit and add your good vibes to the funky Detroit mix we've been concocting for you all year.
http://www.DetroitCouchCrash.com has all you need - even real people who want to greet you!
Thanks for taking a look at what we’re putting on. I hope you’ll consider making the trip and spreading the word to anyone you think may be interested =]
CS event - http://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=105522
CS group - http://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=18807
CS rideshare thread (also try FB) - http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=18807&post=8046895
CS need a couch thread (also try FB) - http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=18807&post=8046921
FB event - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192213114155614
FB group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=346584299910
Twitter - http://www.Twitter.com/DetCouchCrash