Location: Places >> North America >> United States >> New York State >> New York City >> NYC Latin Dance
This is excerpted from the NY USA Dance weekly newsletter, which is largely focused on competition dancesport, but has a little social-dance blurb:
Looking to social dance? Here are a few suggestions:
* Tonight, salsa at Taj, in the Flatiron District, admission $6 before 7 pm, $12 after.
* Tomorrow night, Hot Latin Tuesday at Club 56 in Farmingdale, doors open at 7 pm, lesson in cha cha included in the price of admission.
* Friday night, May 15, Hot Salsa Friday at Iguana's VIP Lounge, on West 54th and Broadway, doors open at 6 pm, beginner salsa lesson at 7:30 pm.
* Saturday night, May 16, Sabado con Ritmo, salsa and latin dancing at Sambuca Nightclub in Westbury, starting at 7 pm. Show by Bas van der Zanden, Dutch National Champion, and Veronika Simenova, Bulgarian Latin and Standard Champion.
* Saturday night, May 16, mixed ballroom dancing at Dance New York, starting at 8 pm.
* Saturday night, May 16, Saturday Night Special, mixed ballroom dancing at Club 412/You Should be Dancing, near Penn Station, starting at 9 pm.
For other great ideas, check out Wayne's Dance Commentary, NJoy Dancing News & Notes and bailamosdance.com.