Location: Places >> North America >> Canada >> British Columbia >> Vancouver, Coast & Mountains Region >> Vancouver CouchSurfers >> FREE MARKET: Trade, Swap, Borrow, Lend, or Give Away
Work for Stay, Victoria British Columbia
[from Canada's Green Volunteer Site, http://PlanetVolunteer.net ]
Position: Work for Stay at Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites
Employer: Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites http://www.oceanisland.com
Location: Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Coming to Victoria, and want to save money on food, drinks, accommodation? Consider a work exchange at Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites! Ocean Island is an 80-room hostel in downtown Victoria, BC. Our 1891 heritage building is full of art, life, colour, fun people, and good times. We pride ourselves on being friendly, safe, green and fun.
What you do for us
You can do various types of work at Ocean Island:
• Housekeeping (including laundry and cleaning;)
• Painting, construction etc;
• Translation for our web site and other written materials;
• Let us know of any other skills you possess - we might be able to use them!
The amount of work you do depends on the type of job you're doing: some jobs may be 3.5 hours per day, others might be 40 hours a week. It depends how much time you have and how much money you want to save. An average worker spends most of their time in housekeeping, and works about 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.
What we do for you
The following is for housekeeping. For painting, construction and some other kinds of skilled work, we may be able to offer you more (private room in winter, cash, etc).
• Free accommodation in one of our dorms (we have men's, women's and co-ed), or possibly a private room (in the winter, depending on what type of work you're doing and the length of your stay);
• Credit towards food and drinks, internet time, laundry, etc;
• If you only want to work for your room, that's cool. If you want to to work more, we can find stuff for you to do.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada, and be able to speak minimal English or German.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website: http://www.oceanisland.com/positions/wwoof