Location: Places >> Europe >> Germany >> Berlin >> Jobs
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

tax registration and things
Posted February 19th, 2013 - 4:01 pm by from Berlin, Germany (Permalink)
Hi all,

a question to al you money grabbers.

As a side job (well technically it is my main occupation... but you know... more money is always cool) I am freelancing as a photographer.
Most of my clients need some kind of invoice, and seeing how it is different in every country to get your income registered and make it official, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction (or if you want to, just explain it to me completely :)

Google research got me this:
They need to register at :

the local tax authorities
the responsible professional association
the responsible accident insurance company (if they employ people).


The problem is I don't seem to find what the local tax authorities are (I already have a id number from the Bunderszentralamt fur Steuern, will that do, or do I need more?)
And also what is the responsible professional association (an union?)

The last bullet is less important for me as I don't think I will be employing people any time soon.

Any help is appreciated!