As part of my project called "Around the World in 80 Months... & 10 languages" I am now about to head to Berlin, Germany.
I should be living in Berlin from October 24 to December 23.
Germany will be the 9th country where I'll live. German is becoming, little by LITTLE, the 6th language I can speak.
During the 33 first months of my adventure, I've sometimes rented a place, sometimes I've just couchsurfed... for instance I already stayed 6 times for a full month with CouchSurfers, eventually helping them with languages, housework, their kids, their cats, etc.
So, what's gonna happen in Berlin... I'm waiting for YOU to tell me! ツ
The languages I could help you with:
- French: I am native in French, having spent 25+ years in France. In addition to regular French I can help you with Verlan & "François" (high classs/ old French)... and even explain you the main differences with the French Canadian (I spent 3 weeks there) and the Belgian one (in France I was living 20 kilometers away from the border).
- English: I am fluent, for having spent some 6 months in the US, had an american girlfriend for almost a year and daily using English (as well I've learned business English, and worked at an international airport for some months).
- Spanish: I am quite an expert as well, having spent 17 of the last 34 months in Spanish-speaking countries: 4 and a half in Spain, 1 in Cuba, 4 and a half in Mexico and 6 in Argentina (+ a week in Guatemala and another one in Chile).
- Portuguese: I am definitely not an expert, but have reached an intermediate level, after having learned intensively for a month (5 to 8 hours a day) and having spent 5 months in Portugal last year (and as well I spent 10 days in Brazil a year ago).
- Italian: earlier this year I spent 4 months and a half in Italy (1 month living in Florence, 2 months in Rome, and touring the country for 5 weeks). I only have a conversation level, could not give you classes, but if you just need to practice, why not?
I could as well eventually take care of kids (I did so in Florence), animals (I did so in Vienna), plants (I did so in Vienna), do some housework (I did so in Lisbon), help you with webdesign (I did so for different friends), with business stuff, teach you all about budget traveling... I'm ready to discuss any offer... then it's just a matter of being HONEST from the very beginning and always, to know what we both expect to give and receive, and therefore enjoy the experience!
Alors, quand est-ce qu'on se voit ?
So, when do we meet ?
¿Pues, cuándo es que nos vemos?
Pois, quando vamos nos encontrar?
Poi, quando ci vediamo?
I just arrived in Berlin last night, so now we could meet more easily
If you got anything to offer me from 1 week to 2 months, let me know!