Location: Ideas >> House/Pet sitting whatever wherever etc etc
Disclaimer: I know that the CS community is not so active here in Kiev, but why not trying. As well note that I am ready to rent a room, so any help would be more than welcome. Thanks.
As part of my project called "Around the World in 80 Months... & 10 languages" I just arrived in Kiev, Ukraine.
I should be living here for the next 2 months.
Ukraine will be the 10th country where I'll live. Russian will be the 7th language in which I can communicate.
During the 34 first months of my adventure, I've sometimes rented a place, sometimes just couchsurfed... for instance I already stayed 6 times for a full month with CouchSurfers, eventually helping them with languages, housework, their kids, their cats, etc.
So, what's gonna happen in Kiev... I'm waiting for YOU to tell me! ツ
The languages I could help you with:
- French: I am native in French, having spent 25+ years in France. In addition to regular French I can help you with Verlan & "François" (high classs/ old French)... and even explain you the main differences with the French Canadian (I spent 3 weeks there) and the Belgian one (in France I was living 20 kilometers away from the border).
- English: I am fluent, for having spent some 6 months in the US, had an american girlfriend for almost a year and daily using English (as well I've learned business English, and worked at an international airport for some months).
- Spanish: I am quite an expert as well, having spent 17 of the last 34 months in Spanish-speaking countries: 4 and a half in Spain, 1 in Cuba, 4 and a half in Mexico and 6 in Argentina (+ a week in Guatemala and another one in Chile).
- Portuguese: I am definitely not an expert, but have reached an intermediate level, after having learned intensively for a month (5 to 8 hours a day) and having spent 5 months in Portugal in 2010 (and as well I spent 10 days in Brazil a year ago).
- Italian: early 2011 I spent 4 months and a half in Italy (1 month living in Florence, 2 months in Rome, and touring the country for 5 weeks). I only have a conversation level, could not give you classes, but if you just need to practice, why not?
- German: I can NOT really help you, as mein Deutsch ist Scheisse, but well, we could have fun trying to exchange a few words :p
I could as well eventually take care of kids (I did so in Florence), animals (I did so in Vienna), plants (I did so in Vienna), do some housework (I did so in Lisbon), help you with webdesign (I did so for different friends), with business stuff, teach you all about budget traveling... I'm ready to discuss any offer... then it's just a matter of being HONEST from the very beginning and always, to know what we both expect to give and receive, and therefore enjoy the experience!
Alors, quand est-ce qu'on se voit ?
So, when do we meet ?
¿Pues, cuándo es que nos vemos?
Pois, quando vamos nos encontrar?
Poi, quando ci vediamo?
Also, wenn wir uns treffen?