Moscow in March, Saint Petersburg in April ツ I can help with languages, kids, animals...
As part of my project called "Around the World in 80 Months... & 10 languages", I will spend the month of March in Moscow, and April in Saint Petersburg (before traveling for 1 month in the rest of Russia, and later travel in the other ex-USSR countries).
Russia will be the 11th country where I will live, and Russian is currently becoming (I am in Kiev since 2 months ago) the 7th language in which I can communicate somehow.
During the 36 first months of my adventure, I've sometimes rented a place, sometimes just couchsurfed... for instance I already stayed 7 times for a full month with CouchSurfers, eventually helping them with languages, housework, their kids , their animals, etc. (actually I just broke a record, staying for 8 weeks with the same person here in Kiev).
So, what's gonna happen in Russia? I'm waiting for YOU to tell me! ツ
The languages I could help you with:
- French: I am native in French, being born & having spent most of my life (at least for now :p) in France. In addition to regular French I can help you with Verlan & "François" (high classs/ old French)... and even explain you the main differences with the French Canadian (I spent 3 weeks there) and the Belgian one (in France I was living 20 kilometers away from the border).
- English: I am fluent, for having spent some 6 months in the US, had an american girlfriend for almost a year and daily using English (as well I've learned business English, and worked at an international airport for some months).
- Spanish: I am quite an expert as well, having spent 17 of the last 34 months in Spanish-speaking countries: 4 and a half in Spain, 1 in Cuba, 4 and a half in Mexico and 6 in Argentina (+ a week in Guatemala and another one in Chile).
- Portuguese: I am definitely not an expert, but have reached an intermediate level, after having learned intensively for a month (5 to 8 hours a day) and having spent 5 months in Portugal in 2010 (and as well I spent 10 days in Brazil a year ago).
- Italian: early 2011 I spent 4 months and a half in Italy (1 month living in Florence, 2 months in Rome, and touring the country for 5 weeks). I only have a conversation level, could not give you classes, but if you just need to practice, why not?
- German: I can NOT really help you, because... "mein Deutsch ist Scheisse: (;-D), but well, we could have fun trying to exchange a few words :p (I actually spent the 5 last months of 2011 between Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland & Germany & could share my knowledge of that culture)
I could as well eventually help to take care of kids (I did so in Florence with a boy and a girl, twins of 9.5 years old, and in Kiev with a boy of 2.5 years old) , animals (I did so in Vienna), plants (I did so in Vienna), do some housework (I did so in Lisbon), help you with webdesign (I did so for different friends), with business stuff, teach you all about budget traveling... I'm ready to discuss any offer... then it's just a matter of being HONEST from the very beginning and always, to know what we both expect to give and receive, and therefore enjoy the experience!
Alors, quand est-ce qu'on se voit ?
So, when do we meet ?
¿Pues, cuándo es que nos vemos?
Pois, quando vamos nos encontrar?
Poi, quando ci vediamo?
Also, wenn wir uns treffen?
OK, as planned I'll be moving to St Petersburg after 4 weeks in Moscow (with 3 different hosts).
I should arrive in a week from now, meaning on Friday the 6th.
So you, or a friend of yours living there, still have a chance :p
See you there or on the roads, somewhere, someday!