Location: Places >> Europe >> Germany >> Berlin >> A Berlin Forum - Get answers from Experienced Berlin Couchsurfers.
Magazine Project: Tell me about your experience of living temporarily in Germany
Hey travelers, long time tourist, exchange students, refugees and all the one of you who can not tell for sure how long they're gonna stay in Germany or Berlin!
I'm a young visual designer working on the first issue of a bilingual magazine for people like us.
The THEME for the upcoming issue is TEMPORARILY LIVING.
I WANT YOUR STORIES. EXPERIENCES. DIFFICULTIES and PLEASURES.
you may write in english or german.
I'll keep in touch with you. Thank you all in advance for your contribution. Feel free to ask for more details.
Some of this leading questions should help you to start:
* a little about German habits and prejudices:
- what took you a long time to get used to?
- what do you appreciate in this country?
- did your prejudices change?
- what are typical German objects in everyday life? Did any of this baffle or astonish you?
* a little about culture:
- if you could ship something from your home country, what would it be?
- verse visa: what would you take to your home country from Germany?
- what's your favorite German term / word / expression?
- what's the first weird German word you learned?
* a little about bureaucracy:
- what are / were your problems with german bureaucracy?
- What was the first thing you had to deal with?
- where did you get information / help with your first steps in Germany and German bureaucracy?
- Was the information always helpful?
- what was the first thing you did, when you arrived in Germany?
feel free to share any other experience.