Location: Places >> Europe >> Hungary >> Budapest >> Budapest Job searches and proposals
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

Freelance Tax Question
Posted May 13th, 2013 - 8:25 pm by from Torokbalint, Hungary (Permalink)
Hi all,

I'm looking to do a mostly low-key selling of small products here and there. I know I should have a sort of "company tax ID" number for this, and would need it for selling at any kinds of fairs or whatnot. After a lot of googling I really can't figure this out. Does anyone have any good links or helpful advice?


Posted June 1st, 2013 - 6:28 pm by from Budapest, Hungary (Permalink)
As far as i know: there is a tax category like 'tax number for private people'. It starts with 7. In this case you pay a tax of 16% after your profit (your incomes minus your costs). You need your own block bill and need to collect bills after your costs. It seems quite easy.
The difficult part is the social security. If it is your main job than you have to pay your own social security after yourself. This part is not clear for me as well. If you have maybe another official job where they pay your social security than it is really easy.
The whole staff is just an information I am not professional.