Depends... Tell me more
Location: Places >> Europe >> Romania - România
Voluntary oportunity in Romania
Anyone interesed of volunteer job in Transylvania?
This member has chosen to allow only Couchsurfing members to see their group posts. To see this full converstion, sign up or log in.
I'm interested,too!Tell us more..
Happy Faces CAMPS
Ighiu Village 324-325, Alba County, Romania
Facebook: Tabara Tappy Faces
As an organizer of camps for children…
…why we appreciate the contribution of a foreign volunteer?
- A multicultural environment would be a great opportunity for all the children in the camp!
It is a pleasant way for them to discover other cultures, traditions, etc. (I hope young volunteers will share with us the specifics of their country of origin).
- Many students can not afford to travel outside the country (they are from smaller cities or villages in Romania) and these young European Volunteers are perhaps their first contact with someone from another country with whom they that can talk, have fun together and finally become friends.
- Children from the camps will have the opportunity to use their English skills acquired at school.
- Beyond these, volunteers can influence them positively, they can become role-models for the children, they will make the campers want more from life, and they will teach them good values.
- We are convinced that the children will benefit a lot from this multicultural experience, they will learn a lot of things and it will become one of the best memories of their childhood.
Why would a volunteer from other country be interested in coming to Romania, to help out organize a camp for children?
- First of all, let's be honest, any volunteer can not wait to be given the opportunity to travel outside their country and discover new places :-) ...
- This time they will be located in one of the most beautiful areas in Romania, Ighiu, near Alba Iulia City – (Transylvania Region, in the center of Romania).
- NO COSTS for meals and sleeping: we cover food & accommodation 100% and we give back 150 EUR/person as traveling costs.
- It’s an easy job, the volunteers will just have to help us implement the camp’s activities. They will play with the campers (aged between 7-15 years old) and have fun with them! It will be an opportunity to make new friends and meet other volunteers from Romania.
- Volunteers will be delighted to meet other young volunteers from Europe, all people with whom they have many things in common (most probably they will come up with a lot of ideas for international projects :-)
- The Happy Faces Camps are run by a family, so the atmosphere is very nice, after a first service here as a volunteer everybody is coming back, so we are sure it will not be the first and last time we will see each other! :-)
The location is perfect for children camps, it has a lot of facilities and it’s situated in a nice country side landscape. You can visit here the web site of the guesthouse: www.terramythica.ro
- We saved the best reason for the end: the Romanian children. They are amazing, very energetic, smart, lots of smiling faces, they get attached very easily and you will be their idol as soon as they see you! Trust us, its been tested already, just bring a good pen for autographs, in the last day of the camp you will be just signing t-shirts! J . The camp’s website is: www.tabara-mea.ro.
Financial and Logistic Details:
Search Alba Iulia on a Romanian Map, this is where we will meet!
The camp is located at 10 minutes away from the city, so we will pick you up by car when you arrive. (There are three airports in the area, Targu Mures, Cluj and Sibiu, all around 1-2 hours away. There is a train station with some international connections, and a lot of buses going all over Europe!We will help you get this organized!
- WE COVER ALL COSTS: accommodation, meals, other trips which we organize in the area with the group, and we reimburse 150 Euro of the transportation costs, so be sure you keep the receipts!
- Volunteers have one or two days off between camps (one camps has a duration of 5 nights), so during this time they can travel on their own and visit some nice places not far away (like Dracula’s Castle in Bran, Brasov City, Sighisoara, etc) . These trips will not be covered by us!
DURATION of the Volunteer Service:
Each camp has a 5 nights /6 days duration!
The minimum service for each volunteer will be: 6 weeks!
Maximum 3 months (we start on June 23th 2013 – and we end the season on September 12, 2013).
About your job as a volunteer in Happy Faces Camps!
- You will help us organize camp activities (sports, in-door and out-door games, name games, ice-breaking games, Karaoke, Arts & Crafts, Painting, Drama, Dancing, etc.) and you will participate in all the trips and hikes which will be organized!
- You are invited if you want to be and Activity Team Leader - which means that if you have a good idea about an activity that the kids might enjoy, you are free to implement it!
It can be an activity for a mini-group of 12-15 children or for the entire camp – around 65 children!
(here are some ideas that our volunteers had: Photo-journalism Course, Dancing, Theater, Art Projects, First Aid Course, Aikido Lessons and so on..:-)
- Cleaning and related duties (after the workshops, for example, arts & crafts, or painting or when we do cutouts and collages, etc.) it is in our responsibilities to leave the place clean after each activity (the kids will do the job but you need to get them organized!!)
- Spoken language: English (some kids speak German or Spanish, Italian so…that can help also!)
- Your age: between 18-35!
The site of the location: www.terramythica.ro
Happy Faces Camp site: www.tabara-mea.ro
Thank you for your time and we can’t wait to meet you!
Happy Faces Camps
Ighiu – Alba, Romania
i will be in Romania in late june and i would love do this, but i have 36 years now! there is any chance of make a exception for me?
You can write an emai for an aplication form at firstname.lastname@example.org.