Location: Places >> Europe >> Ukraine
Login for full access to Couchsurfing Groups. Not a member yet? Join our community!

Help Needed with Ukraine Website
Posted February 8th, 2013 - 8:26 am by from Belezna, Hungary (Permalink)
I relocated from UK to Hungary in 2011 and still have a UK registered LDV Convoy van which I want to register on Hungarian plates. The problem is that to do this I need to replace the headlamps for the type fitted to left hand drive vehicles. Such headlamps are hard to obtain but someone told me I might get some in Ukraine, as LDV vans were exported to that country. I am keen to do some exploring of the countries bordering on Hungary, so a trip to Ukraine would be combined business and pleasure.
I've found a website which appears to offer the lights I need but I am not sure on a couple of details. This is the URL:

I wondered if someone here could contact the firm on my behalf and ask:
1) Do they have both left hand and right hand lamps?
2) Are they from a left hand drive vehicle?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted February 11th, 2013 - 9:33 am from Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine
This member has chosen to allow only Couchsurfing members to see their group posts. To see this full converstion, sign up or log in.

Posted February 11th, 2013 - 11:45 am by from Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine (Permalink)
I called today
They have only right hand lamps (from UK cars), cause only 1% where exported to Europe

Posted February 11th, 2013 - 12:24 pm by from Belezna, Hungary (Permalink)
Thanks gents, I will have to carry on looking.

Posted February 18th, 2013 - 12:49 pm by from Feodosiya, Ukraine (Permalink)
Hi Phil, as for my opinion, if you now, right in the beginning of the process, already have such probs with the headlamps, imagine please, what probs will occure in the future, when you´ll need even more important spare-parts for your car.

Wouldn´t it be much easier just to sell the van in the UK and than buy e.g. an old Mercedes Sprinter in Germany ?!
Used car in Germany are pretty cheap (compared to other coutries even in the EC) and you have a HUGE choice !

If in doubt, please check this sites:


Good luck, Caleostro

Posted February 18th, 2013 - 3:03 pm by from Belezna, Hungary (Permalink)
Thanks Caleostro,
Unfortunately that is not an option, as the safety inspection certificate (MoT) has expired so I can't legally drive it to UK. Actually I have needed a few mechanical parts for it since I came to Hungary. The engine and gearbox are Ford Transit items which are common enough in Hungary but so far it has proved cheaper to get parts shipped from UK. Apart from these special lights, there is not a big problem getting spare parts, I don't mind a few days wait to receive them from UK.

Posted February 18th, 2013 - 3:15 pm by from Feodosiya, Ukraine (Permalink)
I by myself found it a bit uncomfy to drive with a RHD-vehicle through Europe, esp. to overtake another car on a-roads might even be dangerous at times...

Anyway, good luck :)