Location: Places >> North America >> United States >> Maine
SOFA - A magazine about couch-surfing is looking for articles and support!
We are Jessy Schmitt http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=ADNGJXP , Rachel Simpson http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/rilan/ and Sophie Wopperer http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/sophie-annett.wopperer/. We're all designers based in Munich, as well as avid couchsurfing hosts and guests ourselves of course. Since we're really passionate about couchsurfing, traveling and collecting great experiences, we created SOFA magazine to give a platform to all those amazing experiences and the huge amount of creative potential in the community. We already talked to Couchsurfing headquarters, they liked the idea and are comfortable with us looking for writers, photographers and creative people in the community.
SOFA is a digital magazine about couchsurfing - for travelers by travelers - that tells compelling stories about people from all over the world. It's a magazine about and for people who want to see the world from a new perspective, to get a deep understanding about other cultures.
Since we recently launched our kickstarter campaign, we would be happy about everyone who decides to pre-order his own personal copy of the magazine. There are some awesome rewards waiting for you, but the main benefit for you would be to be the very first to get the magazine delivered (and of course you will also receive our eternal gratefulness!). We're depending on your support - a successful kickstarter campaign would guarantee that we can make the project happen - and that there's a readership interested in it. You can find the way to our campaign through our website:http://www.sofazine.com
Another thing we're looking for is people who want to share our project through their private networks or post articles about us on their blogs or website. So feel free to download our press kit or just share our link with your friends and fellow couchsurfers.
Last but not least we're also looking for articles, photos or ideas from creative folks to feature in the magazine. Deadline for articles in the first issue is December 1st. We're planning to have most content in the magazine made by the cs community and their stories.
What we are looking for exactly in the first issue:
1) Germany-related topics (we will have a main focus on one country in each issue - in the first issues there will be some articles about Germany and German culture):
- Germany travel tips: Do you have some real insider tips where to go in Germany besides the big cities Berlin, Hamburg & Munich? Little towns that no one knows about where you can have unique experiences? Events that you should not miss? And what about the big cities? Which one is the best, why did you decided to live there or to visit them? What is there to love, hate, laugh about? What the weirdest thing in in your city? The best café, bar, club, book or record store, sight, place to just sit and relax or enjoy the nature?
- German traditions: What are the cutest, scariest, weirdest, most beautiful, heart-warming traditions in Germany and where are they celebrated? Also what do you (as a German or Non-German) think is weird or unusual in Germany everyday life or people habits? If you moved to Germany from another country, what would you say is typical german, what were things that you had to get used to over a longer time because they are so different from your home country? What's the best german food (recipes also welcome)? The best German music, movies, books?
2) General topics:
- Couchsurfing experiences: Tell us stories about outstanding (positive, negative, weird) couchsurfing experiences. What makes couchsurfing special for you? What makes a good host or guest? What was the best thing that ever happened to you? Tell us about friendships, love stories or also about uncomfortable situations, if you experiended such a thing.
- Usual ways of travel: Ever traveled that world by hitchhiking or without money or on a bicycle, a balloon, a horse, a turtle, by foot? Or have you been to countries where no one else dares to go? Tell us the story about your most exciting trip!
- Your passion/ your projects: SOFA is about meeting people - like couchsurfing is about meeting people. So tell us about you: What is your passion, what is a that fascinates you, who are you and what do you do? Are you an artist, a photographer, a designer, a filmmaker, a musician or a writer? We would love to feature your work and pass it on to the community.There's so much creative potential in the CS community that wants to be shared!
- Your home country: On longer term we are aiming for featuring every country in the world in the magazine, so if you have interesting stories to tell about your home country don't hesitate to send it to us!
3) Open for your suggestion: If you have a story that doesn't meet the categories above, don't ever hesitate to contact us! We're always open for good stories and new ideas!
Thanks so much for your support, and involvement in Couchsurfing. We love the community, and we're looking for ways to share it's stories with the world.
Jessy, Rachel and Sophie