Myself, Shayla (https://www.couchsurfing.org/people/shaylaperreault/
) and Ulysses (http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/ulyssesontusado/
) are in the process of seeking out a communal home and are looking for other CSers to share it with us.
A little bit about the place we're looking for:
- Ideally available June 1 (although, if we find the perfect place earlier, we'll jump on it!)
- Pet friendly (I have a cat)
- In East Vancouver: Commercial Drive is our first choice, Hastings/Sunrise and possibly Main would also be acceptable
- $800 or less per person, including utilities.
- Ideally with a dishwasher!
A little bit about the people we're looking for:
- Desire to live in a shared home and really feel like that is a positive situation for them, as well as having good friends and interests outside the home
-Love to eat meals together when the opportunity arises
-Be able and willing to keep the common spaces very clean and tidy (like, take the garbage out when it's full, don't leave your dishes in the sink, wipe the counters, sweep up, that sort of thing)
- Be pet friendly. My cat, Cleo, is quite easy-going and well-behaved (she's converted non-cat lovers before) but if you really don't like cats or are allergic, it's just not going to work.
If this sounds like something you'd be into, feel free to shoot me a message. We are currently investigating likely places and would love to meet up with potential roommates :)
Thanks for spearheading this!
This sounds awesome and is what i've been looking for since i moved here from seattle a few months ago. In Seattle I lived in an cooperative living house with 15 others where we did many of the things you are looking for (shared meals, built a sense of community, shared chores etc). I would love to be able to replicate something like that here and share my experiences with communal living, as well as hear about yours!
This member has chosen to allow only Couchsurfing members to see their group posts. To see this full converstion, sign up or log in.