Location: Places >> Oceania >> Australia >> Victoria >> Melbourne >> 2 - Looking for a housemate in Melbourne
Hippie geek seeks new home
I'm looking for a new share home in early December. I'm a geeky/hippie male, straight but not narrow, working in sustainable tech & collaborative web stuff. I mostly work from home, writing. I love ConFest and speak Indonesian, yoga is an important part of my routine, and I travel by PT & foot. 43 years of age and still learning.
Most important to me in a home:
* Laid back, with clear, honest and respectful communication
* A reasonably quiet area. Leafy parts nearby would be nice.
* People who are passionate about the world. (I like being around social entrepreneurs, activists and politically/socially/environmentally engaged people.)
* Enough space to lay a yoga mat.
* If there's a TV or radio, it's rarely if ever turned to a commercial station.
Things I'd like (but not dealbreakers):
* Herb garden, or even a vegie garden. (I have basic gardening abilities.)
* Share cooking. I eat meat (strictly no factory farmed meat) but also enjoy vegetarian food and can cook both meat & veg.
Somewhere with good PT access to the city and inner north. If possible, short trip to the bay. Port Phillip area is ideal (e.g. Balaclava, Port Melbourne, Albert Park, East St Kilda) but I also like the north (e.g. Northcote, Thornbury, Preston)