This hike will be covering the Lantau Island trail all the way to Sunset Peak! The peak is 869-metre-high and the hike takes roughly around three hours (For more information: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/see-do/great-outdoors/hikes/sunset-peak.jsp).
Meeting place will be at the MTR Tung Chung Station, Exit B at 1PM (Try to be reasonably on time, if not, please call). From the bus terminus next to the MTR station, take bus 11, (or bus 3M from Mui Wo bus terminus if you take a ferry to Mui Wo), to Pak Kung Au. Turn left to The pavilion, and then turn left onto the Lantau Trail, which leads to Sunset Peak.
At the end of the hike we take bus 3M to MTR Tung Chung Station or Mui Wo Bus Terminus (Depending on how you want to get home).
Please eat your lunch before the hike as we are meeting at 1PM. I suggest eating at 11:30AM to avoid stitches during our hike.
Also, I understand that everyone hikes at different speeds (Some are faster than others) and that is ok! If you want to go ahead of the group then it is up to you! Everyone goes at different speeds and we aren't going to force anyone to go faster/slower.
What to bring:
- Plenty of water.
- Light snacks.
- Shoes and clothes you feel comfortable in.
- Camera (To take beautiful shots).
- Water (I cannot stress this enough)!!!
- Mosquito repellent.
- Good vibes and interesting stories!
(1) Respect. These events will bring people from different walks of life, genders, culture, and races together. There will be differences. Expect these differences. Respect these differences.
(2) Good vibes! Leave your troubles and issues, emotional baggage, and psychotic tendencies behind. No party poopers allowed!
(3) Smile. It doesn’t hurt (unless you're Kristen Stewart). Trust me! But don’t do your creepy smile either. It might be a good idea to practice in front of the mirror before coming.
(4) Talk to people, or just listen to what they have to say. Keep an open mind. Who knows? You might learn something interesting about the universe.
(5) Anyone who litters on the trail (Unless it's something biodegradable like fruit skin) during the hike will be tied to a tree and left behind, naked. Littering is no bueno, nature is our friend!
(6) Don't take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive anyway.
(If you have any other rules that you think should be in place, please post it on the event)
See you all on the 8th of September!
My contact details:
Email: email@example.com (Two underscores)
Number: +852 6117 1767