Where: Guangzhou Opera House, Barbizon Cafe, 1 Zhujiang West Road, Tianhe District
How to get there:
- Metro line 3 and line 5: Zhujiang New Town station or APM line Opera House station.
- This outdoor cafe is only a few steps from the Haixinsha, just under the main entrance of the GZ Opera House (next to the water pool on the ground floor, close to the Subway restaurant).
- Walking direction from Zhujiang New Town: http://goo.gl/maps/2VPgc
3D map: http://gz.o.cn/s2444184
- Photos of the cafe for the first comers: https://www.box.com/s/s8h5er8tvhrvvpsh4z06
About the meting:
- It's a casual weekly gathering where you can chat with fellow CSers or friends of CSers.
- Of course you can bring friends (CS or non CS are welcome).
- The meeting starts eightish. Sometimes the first member arrives as early as 7.30 and sometimes 8.50. It's Guangzhou after all. If you can't recognise any CS member, ask the waitresses.
- Please sign up (and also follow) this event page doesn't matter if it's your first or 100th time. This will help to find each others profiles after the meeting and also helps the newcomers to recognise a few familiar faces.
- This regular CS meetup happening every Friday and during the more then 200 meetups we had so far since 2009, the number of visitors may vary between a dozen to over one hundred CS members each week - locals and travellers, students and professionals, boys and girls, Chinese and foreigners, etc
- Photos of the 206th meeting (12.07.2013), the biggest CS meeting in GZ with 123 attendees:
- The old event page of the weekly meetings: https://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=108814