Since I've moved to Melbourne a couple of months ago from the US, something I've missed are the potluck parties. I think here they just say "Bring Your Own Dish/Plate". Well CSers, lets have one this summer!
I'm organizing the potluck at an apartment rooftop in South Yarra (address will be updated in the near future).
I'll be providing the plastic dinnerware, some beverages/snacks, and music.
All you have to do is bring yourself, a dish (required), and any alcoholic drinks of your choice (optional).
Here are some simple guidelines for attending the potluck:
- All dishes should be prepared in advance.
- Nobody should do more in the kitchen than pop something in the oven for reheating.
- The serving size of each dish does not need to equal the number of guests. Everybody will take only a small portion of each dish when there are many from which to choose.
- Recipes don't need to be fancy. It can be an entree, side dish, or dessert.
- You don't have to cook the dish (as I know most CSers might not have access to a kitchen), you can bring something as a take away.
- The party will end at 8:00pm. No overtime, as it's a communal rooftop of the building.
- Please write down what you will be bringing in the comments below once you've decided. This way everyone will know what to expect , and we don't end up with 10 desserts at the party.
- If the weather forecast isn't looking good in the morning, I will reschedule the potluck for the week after. So be aware and check back.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, if any one want to come early and help me out with setting up, that'd be greatly appreciated!