We're repeating this EPIC event just before we lose an hour of daylight the following day. But instead of via Broadway (as we did in Sept), we're walking down the East Side of Manhattan/5th Ave/Park Ave to see so many more amazing sights! And then watch the sunset from Battery Park! We'll finish with drinks, sushi, and ramen soup at JeBon (15 St Marks Pl).
The walk time is just under 5 hours, plus breaks.
We will meet at 11 AM at the Marble Hill-225th St 1 train station, on the Broadway side of CHASE BANK, and start walking at 11:30 AM SHARP. This really means 11:30 AM, because we need to finish before sunset.
Bring snacks, some water/drinks, cash to quickly buy food/drinks on the way, and COMFORTABLE footwear. We'll stop for group pictures along the way. The whole point is to do the ENTIRE walk, but if you simply cannot make it to the start, txt or call 917 548 6431 for our current location. Or track me with your smartphone:
Here is the MAP of our route. Not as simple as just Broadway, but not too complex. We will always be walking on the WEST side of the street.
Summary of route, to help people who meet us on the way
Start down Broadway/10th Ave, then
1. Amsterdam Ave: From 190th to 161st St
2. St. Nicholas Ave: From 161st to 135th St
3. Adam Clayton Powel Jr Blvd: From 135th to 120th St
4. 5th Ave: From 120th to 79th St
5. Park Ave: From 79th to 42nd St
6. Madison Ave: From 42nd to 23rd St
7. Park Ave S: From 23rd to 14th St
8. 4th Ave/Bowery: From 14th to Worth St
9. Centre St: From Worth to Spruce St
10. William St: From Spruce to Broad St