• Hi. Please read this carefully. I have an important point to make.

I just created my Couchsurfing account in under 12 seconds, with a fake email address. It didn't even ask me to confirm if my email address is real. But please, before you jump to conclusions, keep reading.

There is a serious problem in couchsurfing now, that people are joining and the website does NOT EXPLAIN what couchsurfing is about at all. On top of that, it took me straight to my local place page, which has been dumbed down and had all useful information REMOVED.

Please leave my post here, rather than flag. People need to see this so they can understand why couchsurfers are not replying to host invitations and why manners on couchsurfing.org have taken such a catastrophic decline. The whole concept of couchsurfing is under threat because the new business owners want large member numbers, not good experiences.
    Private_message
    There are groups that Couchsurfing is asking to post your "concerns" in but I'm assuming that the new people that are working for couchsurfing have never hosted or surfed..Maybe they have, but still have the wrong entensions towards the future of this website..

The best thing you can do is share the true meaning of couchsurfing with the surfers you host or meet with when traveling... Even if the template of the website changes, peoples minds won't!!

Private_message
    I agree with Balint, it is no crime if we are no longer a close community of csurfers, now lots of people are joining! But i am still having pretty well the same amazing experiences as I had at the beginning. It is about being open minded, hospitable and whatever u wanna, remember. People tend to believe that they own the exclusive of understantding what csurfing is about...

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.