• My dear couch surfers, Barcelona is going to organise Holi on 14th of April. In brief, Holi is a colour festival that we celebrate to welcome spring. It will be so much fun! I created a facebook public event mainly for my colleagues and friends. If you want you can join too. We can all meet first meet and get bit familiar and then indulge in beauty of the colours. You can also sign up in CS link provided by Asif down below. See you all soon!!!! :)

Facebook Link : https://www.facebook.com/events/534843293225927/
    Couchsurfing Link: https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/events/holi-barcelona-barcelona

Here are the complete details .......

1. The Dress Code : Normaly none, but its looks better if ppl come with white shirt or some old clothes.
    2. Buying colours: The colours are free but if some one wants more they have a stall there and they can buy.
    3. Registration: There is no need of registration and there will be no limits.
    4. Date: 14th April.
    5. Location: Rambla del Carmel, Barcelona, Spain.
    Starts 10:00 am Sunday, April 14.
    Ends 2:00 pm Sunday, April 14.

Here is the link to a colourful and spiritual video of Holi, to the people who have never seen one before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HltruTVcTYE
    Private_message
    Yes in Barcelona. I work at CRG (crg.es) located opposite to the beach near vila olympica metro station. This beach could be great a place to organise Holi, if doesn't rain or too cold on 27th. Spread the word! I could organise it with your guys help. It will be so much fun, I promise!! Lets discuss this more. I would love to hear your comments.
    Private_message
    There is a Holi Festival organised.
    Check this: http://www.holibarcelona.com/
    Anyway, it could be nice at the beach.
    Private_message
    i would be happy to join
    Private_message
    In India or abroad, Holi usually celebrated on 27th of March. May be the organisers at http://www.holibarcelona.com/ found April dates more convenient to them#!?.. :P
    Private_message
    hola !! yo no soy de barcelona pero he visto la informacion y parece muy divertido e interesante .. , no estaria mal ir .. me mantendre informada !
    Private_message
    Probably i'm in, need some information and i'll try to help :)

SDC
    Private_message
    We can do a CS holi On 27 march :-)
    Private_message
    there´s one in April, but I could join the CS Holi ;)
    Private_message
    yo quiero ir a barcelona al evento holi de abril ! tambien estaria bien hacer uno de cs
    Private_message
    I would also like to join in ;)
    Private_message
    Ok, good to know more people are interested. Some of my friends are requesting me to move the date to April 1st week. So Holi would be most likely on April first week. Is it fine with you all ? Most likely it would be at Vila Olympic beach around 5. Let me know what do you think. Suggestions are very welcome. Cheers :)
    Private_message
    wuhuu... I had not heard about this before but after reading the blog looks so great! I'd like to join too:)
    Private_message
    Here is the link to a colourful and spiritual video of Holi, to the people who have never seen one before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HltruTVcTYE
    Private_message
    a la del dia 14 de abril seguro q me gustaria asisitir la del dia 1 de abril sera a las 17 de la tarde? en la playa ?
    Private_message
    acabo de ver el video y es una pasada .. en barcelona se keda corto .. jajaja
    Private_message
    It means we are going to have to Holi Festivals?! Wonderful! :D
    Private_message
    I would love to join also!!! Ill be back in Barcelona on the 2nd april so hopefully if you plan to organise it in the first week of April it won't be a Monday or Tuesday lol.
    Private_message
    @Natalia: It is good that you posted available times so that I can come up with a fixed date at the end.
    @Nerea: I am sorry I couldn't able to translate your comments
    Private_message
    gireesh. holi said that the April 14 I would go .. and if people hazeis each cs would not mind going .. but wondered if it would be the 1st of April at 5pm?
    Private_message
    Great blog but Holi is celebrated across most of the India than just the north. Bombay, or Mumbai, as it's known now, is the financial and entertainment capital of the India and it explodes during the festival. If a tourist is caught by surprise walking around the city on this day, they probably never make it back to their own country..only coz they loved it so much! Bollywood, again based out of Mumbai, has dedicated hours of reel time to Holi in movies and songs. Look You Tube up for these.

I live in Palo Alto, California now and Stanford has a huge celebration each year. It helps me with my nostalgia.
    Private_message
    It's simply 'tomatino' but with colors instead of tomatoes!
    Private_message
    Gireesh: This is a small notion because I must say I do like the idea and I really would love to attend :)

Kulin: You are right, thats the first thing that came into my head ''tomatina fight'' but instead of tomatoes theres colours haha. Im sure its less brutal as well :D Very curious what it is going to be like !
    Private_message
    Hi, didn't know about holi, seems fun! I wanna to join to the holi if you do it please!
    Private_message
    hola !! hay una seguro el 14 de abril de 11h a 15h en la rambla del carmel
    Private_message
    @Jorge: Date is not fixed yet.
    @Nerea: It sounds good. May be we should attend this ?

It seems organising Holi at beach is not that easy because of some rules imposed by police. So I think, we should attend this (http://www.holibarcelona.com/2013/03/holi-barcelona-2013-14-dabril-la-rbl.html) and continue the party after meeting up every one.

And also the official organizers of international Holi will be coming to Barcelona may be soon. http://www.holione.com
    Private_message
    Hello Friends,
    It really a exciting festival and I did not attain for more than 10 years.I want to participate without any fail..Cheer up friend.
    Private_message
    It looks so interested!!
    Private_message
    Gireesh hello! I want to attend the April 14, I also like Barcelona and I would like to go this weekend week so I q safest if they ire .. and I think some friends do too .. we could be the people who want to go to Barcelona holi together .. I would like to meet you .. sure had fun ..
    Private_message
    If I'm around will try to join for sure! Lived in India for a couple of years but didnt have the chance to assist. Would love to do it finally, and here also :)
    Private_message
    may i know will this even still go on 1 April or 14 April at the beach ????
    Private_message
    hola maria !! seria interesante conocerte y hablar contigo ya que me gustaria viajar a la india y asi podrias decirme que tal la experiencia alli .. suki se esta planeando de ir el dia 14 al evento que se hace en la rambla del carmel :-)
    Private_message
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/events/holi-barcelona-barcelona
    I make the event here also, I'd like to welcome you all :-)
    Es el tercer año que lo organizamos y la gente siempre quiere repetir,
    El Festival Holi está abierto a todo el mundo... Así que puedes venir con las personas que quieras :-)
    Private_message
    Hi Asif, I was trying to contact organisers of this event. Are you one of them ?

If you are, It is good that you created this Holi event in CS as well. Thanx. very helpful. I have few questions though.

1. Do we have a dress code (all white ?)
    2. Do we need to buy colours before the event or you supply them for free ?
    3. Do we have to register or we can just show up with out any registration ?

Cheers
    Gireesh
    Private_message
    Dear Gireesh & all, I / we 'll love to join you. Pl. Let me/us know. Thanks
    Private_message
    Hi Gireesh! Ya I am one of them! :-)
    The Dress Code : Normaly not, but its looks better if ppl come with white shirt if not then some old cloths.
    2. The colours are free but if some one wants more we have a stall there and they can buy there.
    3. there is no need of registration and there is no limits.
    See u no 14th April :)

thanks!
    Private_message
    Wow holi in BCN ..... Happy holi to all, I also wanna join with one of my friend :)
    Thanks to the organizer Djbadal and all ..nice job man ;)
    If there is any change in schedule or venue let me know :)
    Ary
    Private_message
    Sure Ary!! :-) see u on 14th April!!
    Private_message
    so no pre holi before 14april then? :P
    Private_message
    Thanks Anubhav Gupta. We might be there.
    Private_message
    before 14th of April, there will be on 7th of April in Sabadell, (25 mins in train from barcelona) so who intrested also can join there, its also free event.

Private_message
    Hi Asif,

I just realised my facebook event link to your Holi party attracted more than 150 people. https://www.facebook.com/events/534843293225927/

Do you think your event can with stand all this massive crowd ? If not I will cancel my facebook event ?

Also many people keep on spamming my facebook by saying this is fake event. How could I address them ? any idea ?

Sorry for many questions

thanx
    Gireesh
    Private_message
    I cant understand the questions, the massive crowd ? and which event is fake? in holi will be more then 2000 ppl.
    here i am giving the link of page holi barcelona. http://www.facebook.com/HoliBarcelona
    Private_message
    Sorry, I thought 150 people will be too many :) Few people posted on my Facebook by saying www.holifestival.com/es is the real event and others are fake. Thank you for the clarification and Facebook link. see you soon!
    Private_message
    I am in!!!
    I´ll go with a friend who also lived in India as a volunteer, just in case anyone is interested in meeting her for info about her experience.

Keep us updated!!!
    Private_message
    yo quiero ir tambien., estoy esperando a ver si alguien se anima aqui en zaragoza .. cristina interesante lo de tu amigo no me importaria escuchar su experiencia..
    Private_message
    Nerea, si vienes avísame y te presento a mi amiga.
    Tiene mucha info si estás interesada en hacer voluntariado allí.

Private_message
    cristina! por oir lo de india que no quede
    Cristina, listening the india experience, for me, im all ears... but i i'd take for granted the trip gonna be real expensive
    Private_message
    Como el billete es caro y no va a poder ser por ahora... todos a celebrar el 14 en Barcelona!

(Dónde te quedaste anoche?... ;-) )
    Private_message
    gracias cristina !!! si estaria interesada para ir en un futuro la india me llama mucho la atencion para conocer y habia pensado en hacer voluntariado y conocer india .

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.