• I got tired of all the changes to the site so I decided to become a bit inventive. I have managed to write a plugin for firefox that will provide us with additional menu items. You can find out more information here http://bit.ly/VJKRQX
    Private_message
    Hey Stefan,

I have actually updated it again. The code is here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/158361

New in this version
    - Links are part of the standard dropdown menu beside your username
    - Round pictures are now square (like pictures are supposed to be )
    - Links to the old couchsearch and submit a ticket/CUQ are added
    Private_message
    The xpi file only works on firefox browser. Drag the download file into any firefox window and it will install the plugin. The other option is to go File -> Open -> csnavlinks.xpi

If you are on google chrome you can use an application call Tampermonkey. Once that is installed you can go to "Get new scripts" and search for couchsurfing. It should show CS-Nav-Links at the newest item.
    Private_message
    Great. There is another few things I want to add in. If you guys have any ideas let me know.

I have it working on chrome too using Tampermonkey. I just need to figure out how to generate a crx file for it like the xpi file for Firefox. Anyone got experience with that?
    Private_message
    I could put in a link to both. Map Surf to the first link and Advanced Search to second.
    Private_message
    So I now have menu items for both. One is called "Advanced Couchsearch" and the second is called "Map Couchsearch". Not sure if I like the name Map Couchsearch but I can't think of anything better. Any idea?
    Private_message
    Glad you like it. There is more coming :)

List of changes so far with the new version I am working on.

- Added shadow box to the Community Details to make it stand out more.
    - Changed "Submit CUQ" to "Submit Ticket / CUQ"
    - Changed "Couch Search" to "Advanced Couchsearch"
    - Changed "Couch Search"/"Advanced Couchsearch" Link to prepopulate some default settings on the Advanced Search Form. Hopefully this will provide search results of active surfers with real profiles
    * Sets user photo to true
    * Sets last log in to 30 days
    * Orders results by last log in.
    - Added Link to "Map Couchsearch" which prepopulates the sort order to sort by last login
    - Added title tag to the menu items so when you hold the mouse over them you get a more detailed explaination
    - Changed "Latest News" to "Latest Newspeak" because I think it's kinda funny.
    Private_message
    Getting it started was a bit difficult but but that was mainly because I didn't know the language. Now that I have it started each addtion of a feature is easy.

I'm afraid Pablo there is no part of CS where IQ is stored so I can't find the stupid ones for you :)
    Private_message
    There is a new version of the firefox extension available with all the new features I listed above. Let me know what you think.
    Private_message
    Got a Chrome Extension built and working :)

Open a new tab in chrome and go to chrome://extensions/

Then just drag and drop the crx file there and it should be installed. I need to pay to Register as a chrome developer to put this on the chrome webstore.

You can find all files here: http://bit.ly/YzIRv0
    Private_message
    So, a little bit of thinking and I started wondering about a mobile version of CS. Turns out that you can run the same script on a brower for your android phone.

Mobile version of CS anyone?
    Private_message
    @Bianca - He accused me of being condisending, which as you know, that is exactly what I am like. Hahahaha. I think Sam shouldn't use big words he doesn't understand.

@Robert - Opera I can look at. If I can get firefox and chrome working properly I think I will have covered a lot of bases. Maybe there is someone out there who has done something similar for opera and can point me in the right direction.

@Lukas - Glad you like it. I have a few more changes to make.
    Private_message
    Now available in the chrome webstore
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cs-nav-links/ocllggdpffecgmbehjojemifgblpjiij

Also the mobile version is up and running. It's a bit ugly but everything has to start somewhere. https://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=2125&post=14138208
    Private_message
    Me parece genial:
    mi skype: Lenci MC
    FB: Bernat Ramon !!!
    Private_message
    does not work for me in Firefox 18.01
    Private_message
    Hoping we can change their mind about the Community Details but I am another plan anyway.

@Maurice - window or mac?
    Private_message
    I will try it on my machine other machine and see if it works for me. The chrome plugin works. hint hint :)
    Private_message
    I added the activities to it. Also some other things.
    Version 0.3.4
    - Added Link to Activities
    - Added Link to CS Camps Calendar
    - Converted All the menu links to bit.ly links. The reason for this is to see which items on the menu are being clicked and which ones are not.
    - Create a donate link. Many people have suggested that I should put this in. This doesn't appear on the menu but I have put it in the description of the extension. The link is here: http://bit.ly/11zXlAF

Lots more info here: https://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=2125&post=14131494#post14154715

Private_message
    Firefox extension is now part of the mozzila add-ons directory. no need to download the xpi any more. you can just search for it in addons
    Private_message
    Hey Jess,

Glad you are happy. I should possibly create a new thread so people don't go looking for the old files as there are new ways to install the add on for each browser.

CSHQ are aware of it as I have posted it in the ambassadors group. They seem to choose to ignore that thread even thought it has nearly 70 responses at the moment. It's also gaining momentum with people posting links to it in various different groups an on their own personal facebook pages. To my knowledge there is no way for them to block it. The extension is a plug in for your browser and tells your browser to change the content that is gets from CS. They can modify the site but I should be able to compensate in about 24 hours max. This is what they get for telling me that I don't know what I am talking about. hahahaha.

There is more to come too but I am keeping it under wraps until other things are ready. I'm just waiting of CS to delete my account but I have been careful not to violated the ToU so it could be difficult for them to justify. I guess all of that time moderating the Berlin group and dealing with the MDST is paying off because I kinda know their play book at this stage so I am playing within the rules :)

@Pablo - if you downloaded it from the chrome webstore or the firefox addon it should update automatically :)

Private_message
    Hey Jess,

I sent you an email last night to your gmail. I can send again,

Don
    Private_message
    thanks don. the site has been pretty confusing recently. hard to use. thanks for your work!
    Private_message
    hmmmm, would this be Craig Gaslow that used to work at the Lowes Theatre in Boston common by any chance :)
    Private_message
    Hey Florian,

How about changing the home icon to point to dashboard or maybe add in another icon with a dashboard symbol? Removing existing features is what is getting CS into so much trouble.

Don
    Private_message
    Hey Don, Great Work! Thanks a lot!
    Private_message
    I have yet to find a browser that will allow extension on mobile. I want to keep one code base and not have to make multiple changes every single time. I am hopeful that firefox mobile will work at some point.
    Private_message
    I am moving the conversation to a new thread because some of the information at the start of this is old as new versions of the code have been released. It saves people having to read all the way to the bottom to find out the latest :)

Feel free to continue it here: https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/threads/berlin-berlin-germany-i-had-to-start-a-new-thread-on-this-because-the-other-was-getting-too-long-i-was-getting-emails-from-people-that-were-a
    Private_message
    I posted your info in Bavaria and France! :)
    Private_message
    The problem is that it has to be generic to cover every city. It is the same text that appears in all of them. Some smaller cities allow for couch request in the group because their group doesn't get that much traffic.
    Private_message
    Don i really like it. Thank you soo much!!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.