• SEXUAL ASSAULT ABUSE RAPE SAFETY THIEFT ROBBERY <br>
    <br>
    I have just been informed by an Ambassador that a couchsurfer has been sexually assaulted. The surfer got a text message saying something like "Hey, saw your number on CS, I'm new in town, want to catch up for a drink?". She trusted that this was really a couchsurfer and went to meet her attacker. The incident has been reported to the police and is being investigated. <br>
    <br>
    - DO NOT POST YOUR NUMBER ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE<br>
    - DO NOT POST YOUR FACEBOOK CONTACT ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE<br>
    - DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE<br>
    - DO NOT POST YOUR HOME ADDRESS ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE<br>
    - DO NOT AGREE TO MEET ANYONE WHO'S PROFILE YOU HAVE NOT READ COMPLETELY<br>
    - IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, GRAB YOUR PASSPORT AND WALLET AND LEAVE TO A PUBLIC PLACE WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE. <br>
    <br>
    I would like to keep commentary on this topic to an absolute minimum. This is just here as a warning for people using the site. If you want to have a discussion about this I respectfully ask that you create a new topic. The only replies to this should be "up" or "bump"<br>
    <br>
    Please keep a copy of this post as it may be deleted. If it is deleted please repost the exact same message again. The first line is for search engines so hopefully it will get indexed and appear close to the top of search results. Please also keep bumping up the post so it stays visible.
    Private_message
    Pablo I asked that we keep the comments to "bump" or "up". This is not a discussion thread. I know this is an upsetting post but if you want to discuss it can you take the discussion to https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=20990 please.

Thanks,
    Don
    Private_message
    i wanna come to berlin but you make me scared people .i m really so scared .what s this ideas people . Let people live in peace.
    Private_message
    I’m posting as Couchsurfing’s Head of Safety. For legal and confidentiality reasons, we are not able to give details about any particular case. We take such allegations extremely seriously, and want to take the opportunity to remind you all about how to have safer experiences while using Couchsurfing.

Please remember:

* Places Pages are public spaces. Do not post your contact information in these pages - communicate with new people directly through the website. Review profiles of members you want to meet in person, check references, photos, etc. Information (or lack of it) helps you to make a more informed decision.
    * Your safety is important. Make informed (not hasty) decisions. Get to know other members online before meeting them offline, when possible.
    * If you have arranged a Couchsurfing stay and it isn’t going well, leave, or ask that person to leave your home.
    * Report issues you have with other members directly to Couchsurfing though our Helpdesk using this link: https://couchsurfing.zendesk.com/tickets/new

For more information, please visit our safety center: http://www.couchsurfing.com/safety
    Private_message
    I don't understand???? why the CS member had her phone number on her profile????? and what is wrong if a CS asked another CS for going out for a drink???? and what the police will investigate???? and where is the sexual assault in his message?????
    Private_message
    How is posting your facebook info and e-mail address any worse than having a CS profile basically available to everyone, with your full name, pictures and whatnot? And the whole site is about staying in the same place as a complete stranger overnight, I can't really see how meeting up with someone somewhere in public is more risky than staying the night in that someone's house without meeting him first. On the contrary, if you want to host someone but feel slightly unsure about the whole thing, it would be advisable to do meet up with that person first, then go back to your place if you feel comfortable.

That said, sad to hear about people using the site in that way, hope the perpetrator will be brought to justice if guilty.
    Private_message
    bump

I understand people want to contribute to the discussion on this topic but I ask that you do so this thread. https://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=20990&post=14202649

There have been valuable contributions but I would prefer not to dilute this safety warning by having a large discussion on this thread. I encourage you to keep contributing and keep the discussion alive as safety is very important topic for the entire community. Thank you.
    Private_message
    I have updated to post for those that found it unclear and included. "She trusted that this was really a couchsurfer and went to meet her attacker."
    Private_message
    Was it a full rape, or?
    Private_message
    or what? 62% rape? Just the tip?
    Private_message
    This comment has been hidden by its author. Please log in or register to see it.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.