• We would love to get a weekly or twice-weekly board game night going. Anyone else so inclined?

I currently have the basic Settlers of Catan (3-4 players) and A Game of Thrones (3-5 players). Settlers is in English, and aGoT is in Chinese but I've translated the necessary bits.

Location is up for discussion. Bar,coffee shop, someone's flat. Whatever works for whoever is involved. Something closer to city center would be ideal though.
    Private_message
    Yeah count me in. We should order the seafarers expansion off TaoBao though - its so much better than the original Catan!
    Private_message
    Hey Sam,

That doesn't sound like a bad plan at all.

I live with Ahna by the way, so maybe we'll run into each other tonight.

I just played Catan for the first time the other day, so don't expect to be playing people at a high skill level or anything.

If you're interested in learning a new game, I'm very excited about the aGoT board game. It seems vaguely like risk, with the addition of non-player factors and a high degree of diplomacy/back-stabbing.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Private_message
    Catan is great. It's so easy to pick up. And everyone has a different strategy to win, which makes it so much fun.
    I've read all the Song of Ice and Fire books, but never played the game. Would love to play it though!
    Whenever you fancy playing let me know and I'll try and make it. My place is pretty spacious too if we need a place to play. On the downside I'm about a 20 min taxi ride from the bars / downtown area.
    Looking forward to meeting you guys soon!
    Sam
    Private_message
    I've got chinese copies of Settlers of Catan and Peurto Rico. I have translations to make them more than playable in English. Plus I have Dominion and the Prosperty Expansion in English that I brought with me from my last trip home to Canada. Let me know when you guys are thinking of playing.
    Private_message
    I would be totally down for this. I've played all those games before but it's been a while.

I have some card games too that we can play. I have the A Game of Thrones LCG, which can play 4-6 players since I have the Greyjoy and Martell expansions. I have Munchkin Cthulhu with 3 of the expansions and some old Netrunner decks though it's a two person game.

There's a good cafe called Coffee Master next to where I live near Jing Wu lu and Huang He lu. It's about 3-4 blocks down from Red's, Target, and Tao. They have games too but it's mostly stuff like Sanguo Sha, which I'd love to learn how to play but my Chinese isn't good enough.
    Private_message
    My wife and I would be keen - just newly arrived in Zhengzhou and going to be here for 4 months. Have played a couple of times before.
    Private_message
    Hey,

Sorry I've been so slow on responding. Life has been extremely busy and I'm planning a move across town shortly.

I love all the feedback! It looks like we should be able to get a sizeable group together and maybe rotate a few games.

Im up for the coffee house near Tao. I was going to suggest a coffee joint to start, and then we could discuss where to hold it after the first session.

Anyone have any preference for days of the week? Any day works well for me after around 6 P.M.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Private_message
    Glad to see this group is at least semi active!

Wont be around for board game night for awhile...Ill be moving to ZZ in a few months, from Candada, with basically zero mandarin training. So Im sure i will be chatting/meeting you guys soon enough!

cheers!
    Private_message
    "Coffee Master next to where I live near Jing Wu lu and Huang He lu. It's about 3-4 blocks down from Red's, Target, and Tao."

I'm not familiar with it, but it looks like it shouldn't be too far off.
    Private_message
    Any days other than Monday or Thursday work for me since I work those nights.

Huang He lu is kind of in the middle the bars and the 360 mall. I don't know of any buses that go there but you can just tell a cabbie Huang He lu, Jing Wu lu or Jing Wu lu, Wei Wu lu.
    Private_message
    yes.the bus stop is on huanghe lu, just go South a little bit on jingwu lu, the coffee shop is on the left.

Private_message
    Okkkkk,

How about Friday the 16th at around 7 - 7:30ish? This is late enough to let people get back from work and early enough where they can still do something else later.

I'll bring both of my games and a small chess set, and anyone should bring whatever they've got since I'm not sure what the turn-out will be like. (I especially want to see Munchkins, that game looks great)

We can meet up at the Master Coffee shop that was suggested.

Look forward to seeing you all then.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Private_message
    Brilliant, count me in. I love Catan, so it would be great to play that. Its very easy to pick up, so even if you've never played it you'll enjoy it. I'm happy to try any new games too. See you all on Friday.
    Private_message
    Don't kown how to play,Can join in ?
    Private_message
    Last Friday was great.... We should do a second meet up- maybe a different time to see if we can accommodate more people? Thoughts on times?
    Private_message
    yep Ella and I are keen again. Earlier might be nicer but not so fussy
    Private_message
    Seem don't want to chinese join in,right?
    Private_message
    No, we welcome everyone to come play. We didn't know that you were there for the board game meet up. We thought that you were just a normal customer at the cafe. You never talked to us either until we were in the middle of a game so we couldn't just bring you into it as well. Sorry for leaving you out, we didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome. Next time though, come sit down with us and we'll show you how to play some of the games.
    Private_message
    I would be fine with an earlier time as well. My schedule is pretty free on Fridays.
    Private_message
    Hey guys, sorry we missed last week - didn't manage to find a babysitter.

On again for this week?
    Private_message
    Hey guys, will there be any Christmas/New Year celebration/gathering?
    Private_message
    I'm definitely keen for something at New Years - there was a pretty good party at one of the bars when we were here a couple of years ago
    Private_message
    A couple of years? Does the bar still exist? Jk lol. That sounds good. Which bar were you talking about Shane?
    Private_message
    funny, the post is still here from 2 years ago. A place called 7Live bar: http://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=100540
    Private_message
    haha, yeah it was from 2 years ago. It looks fine. By the way, anyone down to go to the Shaolin Temple any day in the next couple of weeks?
    Private_message
    Totally agree! Would love a game night!
    Private_message
    Hey! is this boardgame night still on? I would kill for a good game of settlers, Puerto Rico, etc.
    Private_message
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.