• Hey my best friend and i are coming to chill in boston from the 25th of Feb! im a musician and would love to play at some open mic nights and maybe do some busking if thats allowed.
    Any advice on great bars, activities,people to hang with and maybe even a place to hangout and cook dinners with great people.
    Send me anything and everything i need to know :)
    Private_message
    First of all - take plenty of warm warm clothes! :)
    Private_message
    If you're willing to play for donations in the street, I'd recommend going in the subway system (the T). Lots of people travel through Downtown Crossing stop, Park Street, and Harvard Square and wait for trains so those are good places to camp out by. Plus, it's warm in the tunnels
    Private_message
    Hey! I think I can help you out...

Brendan, not to burst your bubble, but I would definitely not busk in the T as you need a permit and they always (at least 90% of the time) will check.

Good (and free) busking spots include Davis Square on the redline, and basically anywhere in Boston that's not Quincy Market (It's the big touristy destination in downtown with the food court, the buskers take their permits there very seriously).

There are some awesome Open mics. On the 27th there is one called 3Penny at the bar Precinct in Union Sq. The host is fantastic and you will also get to meet a bunch of local musicians.
    Also if you want to check out some local music go to Sally O'briens, The Middle East (real old-school club), the Church, Lizard Lounge. These are also great bars; unless you're looking for some high end cocktail lounge with strippers.

I would love to host you but I'll be up in Montreal ): If you need anymore tips let me know!
    Private_message
    Thanks for those tips on busking guys! thats so good! im set for that. and you will all laugh. I currently down own a jumper and im flying out tomorrow morning haha i will buy one in LA. i think i can survive the warmer tempretures in LA until i find a store!
    Private_message
    check out wally's cafe in the S. End and Middle East club in Cambridge. They have open mike nights, I am pretty sure! So Good On Ya, Matie!!
    Private_message
    If you're willing to spend a bit more money than is necessary, check out The Beehive. Better for jazz and drinks than dinner, but worth checking out for a lowkey evening regardless. Bar suggestions are best given by area, I think, but it'd be helpful to know what you're looking for. Homey dives? Sports bars? Fun and quirky? Feel free to message if you've got something more specific in mind. I'd love to help if I can!
    Private_message
    thanks again everyone :) we should get a hangout happening at a good bar! anybody want in ?
    Private_message
    If youre here on a Wednesday, check out our weekly Meetup @ Cambridge Brewing Co, 1 Kendall Sq, Cambridge, 9pm
    See weekly post for details
    Private_message
    Check out the Middle East, and Wally's! Wally's has some great open mike nights. Also, maybe Regatta if you like Jazz. If you need a place to stay, you're welcome to crash with me. I also have a lot of good food recommendations if you're interested. Have fun!
    Private_message
    Beehive is a good place. How long are you in town for?
    Private_message

Hello Bevan Cuthbertson! Me and a friend will spend vacation in Boston. Come on 18 fervereiro and returned in early March. We are Brazilian. Also would like suggestions! Places to visit and options for night. If I have any advice for you, I'll point. :)
    Private_message
    ill be in town for a week! thanks again guys!! im going to be too prepared ha
    Im in boston from the 21st till the 28-30th!!!
    Thanks everybody :) will be seeing you shortly boston!
    Private_message
    You have to go eat at Fire and Ice! So delicious

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.