• Hi Everyone,

I am an Irish fella living in England. Am visiting Boston for a course on the above dates. I will be really busy during the week, but am keen to enjoy Boston at the weekends.

My hotel is in Cambridge but I can travel within reason.

Any recommendations / anything going on those days?

Cheers,

Tom
    Private_message
    Hey Tom, I am in Dublin at the moment! Feel free to add me on facebook at www.facebook.com/tsmarket and contact me when the time is closer. I will definately be doing something. I go to Harvard, so I am right on Cambridge. Hope to see you in a couple of weks!
    Private_message
    You can't go wrong with a museum since the weather will be extremely cold for most of the time you are going to be here.

In Cambridge, there are tons of galleries to see. However, some of the best museums in the world are located relatively close to Cambridge or is accessible by public transportation from where you are.

Museum of Science, Boston: Majorly cool place with the world's biggest Van De Graaf generator. You can take a bus to Lechemere station from Harvard Sq.

Museum of Fine Arts: Has some of the most expensive collections from the most renowned artists across many periods/cultures. Take the Red line to Park St and then Take the Green Line E Train to the Museum stop.

Institute of Contemporary Arts/Boston: Newest museum, has a permanent Shepard Fairey exhibit. Take the Red Line to South Station and then walk there or transfer to the Silver Line bus to pop out right at the museum.

JFK Museum: Presidential archives for JFK. Located right by UMASS/Boston, which you can also visit for food. Take the Red Line to JFK/UMASS stop and then take the #2 Shuttle to the museum.
    Private_message
    Hi Tom
    I'm in Boston. Not that far from Cambridge . So drop a line and will try to help you if you need. Have a good time here.
    Private_message
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind responses. I have only just realise that I had some replies.

I will certainly check out these sites.

I will probably head into town to have a look around tonight and tomorrow. I have lots of reading to do over the weekend, so I will leave the multiple beers until next weekend (hopefully).

If anyone is around, then I'd be delighted to meet you!

Cheers,

Tom

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.