• Hello! We will travel by train from Budapest to Rumania in the end of April. What is better to do (price and availablity), book tickets online or buy them a couple of days before from Budapest? If we buy them two days before,when we arrive to Budapest, where can we buy them? its the same station as for the domestic trains?
    Private_message
    knowing how slow are the trains I would recommend bus.

You can try orangeways or eurolines (not sure if eurolines have rumanian destination though),they both leaves from nepliget easily reachable from downtown by metro line 3 (blue line).

Otherwise you can buy train tickets from any train station, I d recommend the international ticket selling office in Nyugati which is a little bit hidden, but usually a lot less crowded than in Keleti or Deli
    Private_message
    Thank you all for your time and your help!
    I forgot to mention that we travel from Budapest to Sighisoara.It's about 13 hours, so we think that the night train it's the best option.We would like to have this experience..travelling with train from one beautiful country to another,that's why we are not looking for the bus alternative.However, your help and infos are appreciated!
    Two more questions, is there any difference in price according to how many days earlier you book the tickets?And will we find available seats if we go for the tickets two or three days before the trip?
    Private_message
    Hi, Why are you going just to Sighisoara? Seems like a long journey to go to just one place and miss out on all the other wonders of Transylvania.
    Have you thought about flying to Targu Mures? Would be close to the same price as the train. Possibly even cheaper!
    Private_message
    Thank you for your advice, but we were planning to go on train in order to have the opportunity to see the landscape and experience this means of transportation in the Balkans. What is more, we won't stay only in Sighisoara. We are planning to visit Brasov, as well, and any other places nearby we will have the time to!I;m sure that Transylvania is full of spectacular natural places...

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.