• Hi everyone, I am a journalist visiting Budapest this week (10-15 December) for a story in an airline magazine and I was hoping to get some insider's tips - because I wouldn't have to come to visit to rewrite lonely planet, right? So if you know some cool things to do (they can be high end, but random cool stuff is most welcome, too), or some good online resources (in English) or anything else you think I should know... don't hesitate to drop me a line! I'm totally open to meet people for coffee too. Traveling in a team, with a nice photographer (though I am a photographer too, I'll focus on the research and the writing bit this time...). Best, Jurriaan
    Private_message
    Hi Jurriaan,
    I'm an Australian and I've been living here for most of this year. I wouldn't quite call myself a local but I still know a lot of cool spots.
    Tomorrow (12/12) I'm going on a hike just outside of Budapest in a place called Pilis to the heart chakra of the earth. I know it's very short notice but you're more than welcome to join. We're leaving quite early in the morning and you would have to make your own way up there as our car is full.
    I'll attach a link to the facebook page of the group that has organised it (sorry but it's only in Hungarian). If you can't make it on the hike check out the place called Shantee House because the owner organises all kinds of great programs.
    Peace!
    Private_message
    Don't miss out Széchenyi Fürdő!!! (Thermal Bath)
    There is something to see on each corner of Budapest, you will love it.
    Which airline is it you are writing for????????

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.