• Hi, I am flying to Budapest tomorrow. I have ISIC student card. Can I travel by public transport using student discount?
    Private_message
    Hi, you can find the ticket prices here : http://www.bkv.hu/en/prices/2013_en
    If you want the buy a monthly student pass you can use it with your ISIC car, just need to write your card number on the pass.
    Private_message
    but some of the controllers don't know this document so there is a chance that you have some conflict with them.
    Private_message
    Hi,
    About ISIC: as far as I know since 2012 ISIC card is not valid for public transport discounts, because it is not issued by a school/college/university. On the other hand, if you are a student in the European Union, your regular student id (issued by your school) is valid for public transport discounts, if your name and the date of validity are clearly noticable on it.
    For museums ISIC cards are usually accepted.
    Regards,
    Tamás
    Private_message
    If you're a full-time student, then you can travel as a student, part-time stundets can't...
    Private_message
    hey, try to use trains....will be no problem, but do not use on the bus! If you are in town like budapest you can buy student ticket or week/month pass.

Only long distance bus trip ...where I would not use it...they have a regualtion for it not to accept.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.