• I will be traveling to Egypt next week. Wondering if anyone on the ground can provide an update on the security situation in Cairo? Will be heading there as well as Luxor and Aswan--however these two should be no problem. Thanks for any updates or related info.

-Jon
    Private_message
    i stay in cairo since 5 days also during the 25. january means the demonstration against mursi, for myself i havent been in danger the last days, if you are avoiding to get between police and demonstrants it is not a problem for your safety i cab really recommend you to stay here, it is a amazing feeling not to see all this pictures in TV bt real life
    Private_message
    Well staying away from tahreer and down town area is the most important ... If u r not close to these areas u ll feel nothing is going on in the country
    Private_message
    Hey Jon, as above. Its easy to stay away from demos - you will have no problems. Downtown seems to have the stench of tear gas around at the moment - thats nasty!
    Private_message
    Cairo is alright. If you're antsy, avoid Downtown/Tahrir.
    Private_message
    thanks everyone, yeah I am not worried, just wanted to be sure. I am excited and hope to run into a few of you during my travels. -Jon

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.