• Hey guys!

I'd really appreciate if you could help me out?

I was wondering what is the best way to get from Cape Town to Johannesburg?
    -> the safest? especially for a woman traveling alone
    -> the one with the best scenery?
    -> the cheapest?

Which one would you recommend?

Thank you!!
    Private_message
    Well there is only two ways really, UP the N1 or flying. Flying is my recomendation as the trip itself, (specially through the Free State where birds fly upside down for even they found it boring!), is...BORING! Now you could find some friends in Cape Town, convince them to go on road trip along the N2 all the way to Durban then hit a left at the N3 until JHB. That's a great trip! Otherwise fly to JHB on the last day of your vacation, just before you must leave the country. Stay Coastal is what I'd do.
    Private_message
    With limited time & budget traveling, I agree with Nuno that flying will probably be the easiest. With advance booking, you can get 1-way tickets for less than R700 on Kulula or Mango flights. But if you are traveling for a while (e.g. backpacking for 3-4months), you can definitely take buses or share ride with other CSers!
    Private_message
    There is also the train (Shosholoza Meyl), which can be fun but is often full. You might need to go to Cape Town station to find out if there are tickets available.

You will want to get a 'first class' seat and there will probably be other women in your compartment (max 4 in one). Despite some other opinions it is quite safe, though of course you should not be careless. In particular, preferably make sure you have someone to meet you at the train station in Johannesburg.
    Private_message
    a hour flight from Cape Town to Jozie

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.