• Hy everybody!

I've seen the documentary about the singer Rodriguez with a friend.
    And he was septic...

So I come to you and ask:
    Rodriguez was a really famous singer in south Africa?
    Rumors said he was died on stage?

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!!
    Stéphanie from France
    Private_message
    Hi Stephanie,

I have to admit that I have not seen the documentary, however I can confirm that the story is true!
    I grew up listening to Sugarman (Rodriguez)-music and just always the story was that he is dead.
    However amazingly he is not, and recently visited South Africa. All his shows was sold-out!
    It was great!
    What else were you wondering about?
    Hope you get a chance to listen to some of his stuff!
    Marica
    Private_message
    he was and still is a very famous singer in south africa, he just played 3 sold out concerts in cape town at the beginning of february
    Private_message
    Thanks a lot!!!
    I just discover this artist and I love the songs!!!!
    He is coming in paris soon and it's already full!!!

Stéphanie
    Private_message
    I remember hearing him on radio "5FM" regularly - and always by a DJ who would push the limits of what was allowed to be played on south African radio back in the days. not sure if it was "I wonder" that was scratched on the LP in the documentary - but I have a clear recollection as a kid hearing the song and they were talking about sex on the radio - a taboo in the past!

Private_message
    Yes, the song "I wonder" was scratched!
    Thanks so much for your testimony!

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.