• hey guys

i will spend christmas in capetown and was wondering as everyone is going to celebrate with the family we "travelers" could meet somewhere and have nice dinner and a lovely christmas beer :) would be great hanging out with you ... or if you have any other plans in those days and i could join you please let me know :)
    Private_message
    what day do u celebrate christmas? because im from sweden, and im going to celebrate on 24th dec :) christmas dinner and some gifts to my boyfriend and close friend.

But then 25th, i have no idea what to do, would be great to continue the celebrate, haha :)
    Private_message
    hey jeah that sounds awesome .. ja in austria we also celebrate christmas on the 24th .. but celebrating christmas takes always a few days .. i think thats the same in sweden as well :P so at least we need to go for a couple of drinks together hahaha :P lets see what other people write and then try to make a nice party :) are you living in cape town ?!
    Private_message
    i will be here to for christmas so maybe we could organize something
    this is my email
    arthur.billion@gmail.com
    Private_message
    Hey Guys
    A few of my friends volunteer at the red cross childrens hospital, bringing Christmas cheer to the cancer children from around 8am until 13h00 on Christmas day!!!!!!!! Then we organise a Christmas bash for the rest of the day which is usually a blast!!!!! If anyone is interested let me know and i'll contact you when I'm back from China?
    Cheers Tony
    Private_message
    tony that sounds just great .. i am totally in for that !!!! would be great if there are gonna join more people !!!
    Private_message
    hello

i would like to be a part of this.

Private_message
    Hey guys!

I would loveeeee to meet on the 24th. I am near Red Cross so I would definitely help with something. Let me know!

Private_message
    Hi Guys
    If you give me your cell numbers I'll find out the ins and outs of everything next week then we can all meet up for a beer and finalise everything?
    It is a very rewarding experience I must admit!!!!
    Tony
    Private_message
    Hey, I'm from England and in Cape Town for Christmas too :) I'm working the morning of Christmas Day but am free in the afternoon and evening and on Christmas Eve. It would be great to meet up with you all.
    Private_message
    Hi all, this is a nice idea. I would like to join. please send me more datails about meeting point or lets meet before so we can setup some ideas.. I live in cape town (table view) and if anyone needs a place to stay for that date, your are welcome..

André
    Private_message
    I'm also going to be in Cape Town around Christmas! I'm coming down from working in Somalia and I basically presumed I'd be doomed as far as couchsurfing goes because everyone would be with their families, but this is a great idea! Count me in!

Additionally, if anyone is around between 21 and 24 December, I'd love to get a chance to hang out, chat, and/or have an adventure with you. Beers are on me!
    Private_message
    hey jenny what are your plans on the 25th ?!
    Private_message
    Hey Guys also away from family and was thinking about setting up a CS event at my house for a little Christmas Eve dinner hangout, would you guys be keen? - Jon jon
    Private_message
    Couchsurfers Christmas Party sounds awesome! @ Jon: I would be keen on a Christmas Dinner Hangout! Please let me know…
    Private_message
    hey guys :) im also in capetown around christmas and therefore away from family this year. Im free the days around Christmas but i definitly would also be keen for a Christmas Dinner Hangout! Sounds like a great idea :) Johanna
    Private_message
    Sounds great Conny, keep me informed, would be awesome to meet up and have a travelers christmas
    Private_message
    Please keep me informed too. would be nice if we could all be hanging out days before christmas?
    Private_message
    Ahh I am keen too! Let's set up a christmas dinner for all of us. Would be nice, let me know :)!
    Private_message
    hah! imagine that! and here i was thinking that i was the only one with no plans on the most planned for day of the year!! i am following this thread and i am totally up for something completely out of the ordinary.
    how fabulous!!
    Private_message
    hah! imagine that! and here i was thinking that i was the only one with no plans on the most planned for day of the year!! i am following this thread and i am totally up for something completely out of the ordinary.
    how fabulous!!
    Private_message
    Would also love to be part of a Cape Town Christmas Get-together!
    Private_message
    Would also love to be part of a Cape Town Christmas Get-together!
    Private_message
    . im totally in, have no plans for christmas. will be great If you keep me up to date! :)
    Private_message
    Will organise a christmas dinner............lemme think of something and I will post it brfore the end of this week.
    Private_message
    hey guys

tony told me that it is not possible to volunteer .. but if you want we all could meet and have a nice braai somewhere ?! any suggestions ??
    Private_message
    A beach picnic on Clifton is always a good idea...if the weather plays along. Otherwise Newlands Forest or Silvermines is good for a braai.
    Private_message
    Hello,

A friend and I are in capetown too and we find the "travellers christmas" and excellent concept !
    She's a semi-locale (living there for 6 months) and a CS user.

Sounds great !
    Private_message
    silvermine braai not possible... no fires this time of year. but picknick still an option. what are the numbers roughly? there is a camp site close by my house, and they have braai facilities, and probably options to camp if you want to. it is walking distance to the beach too... i will post more when i know more...
    Private_message
    Hi Connie:

I get in on the afternoon of the 25th and would love to join in as well. However, I'm not sure what the actual plans are. Can you please post that once you know :)

Cheers
    Private_message
    Hi Guys! If all are keen. I can host a Xmas Dinner/Braai at my new flat in Greenpoint of Main Rd. Let's shoot for the 24th. We can enjoy the day at the beach or hike and make our way to my flat in the later afternoon. I have a nice kitchen area so if you are keen to whip up and make a good meal go for it. There are shops by my flat as well if you needed to get last min food and drink. Sounds like a plan? Jon Jon San Juan 0730004714
    Private_message
    @Jenny @Conny Let me know guys if the 24th still cool. One idea to go with the xmas dinner is to meet at my flat and we can all take those white minivans from Greenpoint to Clifton if you guys were keen on going together. Then come and chill at my flat and courtyard for xmas dinner after beach vibes. - Jon Jon
    Private_message
    Sounds like a good idea... I might want to join as well if there are more people that are going to join??? Keep me posted
    Private_message
    me and my friend would also like to join on Dec 24th (which is tomorrow :p)!!!!
    we are down to come to Greenpoint, to Clifton or wherever....
    there are so many nice ideas in this conversation, but we are not sure about the actual plan.... is there already a plan? ;)
    Would be great if we manage to get all together!!!!!!!!!!! maybe meet up in Clifton and then go to your house, Jon?
    Looking forward to tmrw.......
    Private_message
    Christmas is coming closer.......... So where do we meet and what time? :)
    Private_message
    come and join the Yoga& Hike with Sunset on Friday the 28th .)
    Private_message
    @Alpigers Dinner and Braai at my Greenpoint spot starts at 4pm. Come through. If there is access issues. Shoot me a call 0730004714
    Here is the info: https://www.facebook.com/events/121550078011151/

@Stephanie I am keen for the yoga hike
    Private_message
    We are meeting at 1 York Rd, Greenpoint which is right off of Main Rd Greenpoint. Walk up street and I am #1. Shoot me call at 0730004714

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.