• Hi all,

I posted an activity but it doesn't seem to be showing up, so you may need to access it here:

http://www.couchsurfing.org/activity/view/GUNN8F/john-heinz-wildlife-refuge-hiking-photography

John Heinz Wildlife Refuge - an urban oasis in Philly.

Just went here for the first time last Sunday and it was great. Want to go back and take more pics before we lose the fall foliage.
    Great hiking trails, scenic, mostly flat, a few different options from about 3 to 10 miles. See birds, deer, and all kinds of other wildlife on the trail. You may even spot a Bald Eagle!

Bring your camera!

Meet at 10 am at the Visitors Center. Then we'll head out from there to explore. We can split into 2 groups if some want to do longer or shorter hikes. You are also welcome to explore on our own.

After, if people are interested, we can continue out somewhere for lunch and/or drinks, around 2 pm. There's not too much right by there, so I was thinking maybe we could head to either the Dock St. Brewing Company or South Philadelphia Tap Room.

Carpools are encouraged (if you can drive or need a ride, please mention that when you RSVP).

TRANSIT: Regional Rail airport line to Eastwick Station, and it's a 20 minute walk from there. There may also be other ways depending on where you're coming from, but that's the easiest.

Dress comfortably in layers. Water/snacks for the trail are suggested.
    Private_message
    Sounds great! I just bought a new fast lens... This hike will be great to check out the lens!
    Private_message
    i'd really like to go to this. i'd like to go but can't get there until 11am. is there cell phone reception so i can meet up with the expedition? thanks, ernest
    Private_message
    This comment has been hidden by its author. Please log in or register to see it.
    Private_message
    Hi everyone!

I would love to join you tomorrow!
    Will there be anybody runing late?
    I should arrive by train to Sharon Hills station at 10.10
    Will anybody drive by probably?

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.