• Hello, I am Elena living in Luxembourg. Next week I am on the way to London for a week. Could someone host me for one/two nights starting from 9th to14th February? I have no plans in London actually and will be exploring the city during the day. I normally don't need anything except of one place on the coach. Thank you in advance!
    Private_message
    I respectfully suggest that you request a COUCH in London... on the London group.

Moreover, this is none of my business but if you ask like that, it sounds like you don't plan on spending any time with your host. Most of us don't like that, it makes us feel like we're being taken advantage of, as if we're not people but just a free hostel. But as I said, it is none of my business, I just thought I'd try and help.
    Private_message
    But you are right Pierre, most of the people don't want to get used as a hostel, its actually not the purpose of CS, even if at the end, you can stay for free and enjoy the hospitality of your host, but still, it takes you 30 min a prepar several requests to choosen people, and the result is much nicer

good luck
    joaquim
    Private_message
    Pierre,

It is not my business either but maybe she needs both?

LOL!
    Private_message
    Thank you All, guys. You are very nice, I just meant I am not up to disturb anybody who can suggest me a coach. That's it. I am like a mouse, and what I want from CS is making friends of course and don't bother my CS friends. I may explained wrong, but if you understood it in your own way - that's not a case for me to think about. Cheers.
    Private_message
    Lena,

I can only not talk for myself: you do not disturb me at all.

I think the global idea is that your couchrequest was not a reeally good one.

Why:
    - you send a couchrequest in the Luxembourg group for a couch in London . . . That is good that you understand yourself in your way but I do not think local people from London will come here, in the Luxembourg group . . .
    - you wrote "coach" instead of "couch" and that is why Pierre wrote couch with caps lock.
    - moreover, in a really objective point of view (which is difficult as it is my opinion (LOL!)), your request really looks like you only need a couch for sleeping and nothing else and, in my subjective point of view, that is not CS spirit (but I may be wrong of course ...).
    - you use a group in order to send a couch request while a private message could be more efficient (maybe you have done them but your request, despite of hthe fact that you will be in London, does not appear like an urgent couchrequest.
    - you ask for a couch for 1 or 2 nights "starting from 9th to14th February". That can also be confusing.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy London !

Cheers,

Charles
    Private_message
    Charles just explained my point way better than I did. I wasn't making fun of you, Lena. Maybe teasing you a bit but I really meant no disrespect. I know the recent changes in CS have made it pretty confusing, so don't worry, you're not the only one.
    Private_message
    :) Thank you for that, Pierre and Charles. It's actually easier to use I-phone application of CS than type it on Web. I noted all the points you disliked about me. Good luck you both! :)
    Private_message
    Lena,

I just speak for my myself but I think Pierre could share the same point of view: I do not dislike anything about you.

My comments are only about the way you put your couchrequest on CS, nothing else.

I just tried to help a little bit with my humble comments regarding what I think should be done in order to have a more efficient couchrequest, nothing else.

And the purpose of the comments are just in order to help you to draft what I could consider as a proper couchrequest for the next time(s).

I hope you will enjoy London this week-end! I will have fun in Koln with all crazy (nothing negative) German people for the carnaval.

Cheers,

Charles

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.