• Bonjour!
    I have never been to Lyon before but i'm loving there on Saturday (9th) to start a new job. As i don't know the city or anyone there I would love to meet with some current residents or people that are also new to the city for coffee, drinks or a walk (or run). If you have some spare time over the weekend or next week please get in touch!
    I look forward to hearing from you
    Anya
    Private_message
    Hey Anya,

I would be glad to show you around or have a cup of coffee! if I can show you the city while we're chatting (in english, I reaaally need to practice) that would be great.

Let me know!

Fred
    Private_message
    Damned, is there really a Wednesday gathering???
    Private_message
    I was talking about the polyglot thing, I think it's a nice way to meet people as well.
    Private_message
    Hey !
    Lyon is a great city, I hope you will like it !
    I can show you around, I've been living here for almost a year now. Where are you gonna be living ?
    Let me know !
    Private_message
    Come with on friday's night !
    Private_message
    Hi !
    I'm free next week. i can spend time to show you down town, Public transportation...etc. I'need to practice my english cause i want to go to Scotland in april, for a month so...
    Anyway, if you need a hand...Let me know!
    see u
    Private_message
    Hi Anya,
    I moved to Lyon about three weeks ago from Canada so I do not know the place well but if you want someone to visit with feel free to contact me!
    Miranda
    Private_message
    Hi!!

I would love to show you around or have a drink, I'm living in Lyon for 6 years so I know rather well the city, Moreover i'm interested to speak English because i'm going to do a master in England next year.

Contact me!!!

Kim!
    Private_message
    Hey,

I am living in Lyon. I could also show you around but don't speak French.

Li
    Private_message
    Bonjour Anya!
    I'm also new in the city, just arrived 2 days before you (on 7th Feb.), and I have no plans for today.
    Do you want to meet me and visit Lyon together? :)
    Private_message
    Anya, you picked a great city. For an enjoyable run, head down the east bank of the Rhone between the park and Confluence. Let me know if you fancy a running partner sometime.
    Private_message
    Hello Anya, I will be arriving in Lyon Sunday (17th) in the afternoon in a job related trip for 12 days. I am looking forward to exploring the city, from museums and coffee shops to nightlife and other attractions, so I would be more than glad to meet people and make friends with the same interests. Or different :). Check my couchsurfing profile and leave me a message if you would like to meet. Maybe we can succeed in gathering a small bunch of interesting people to explore the city with. my profile: Anki Miu
    Private_message
    hi! so where in Lyon are you going to live?, let me know when you are already here, so we can meet , and i can show you the city:)
    Private_message
    Hey guys - thanks for all the responses! I've been quite overwhelmed by the the friendliness here. I've had a very busy first week in Lyon but now should have some more time to make new friends.
    thanks again!
    xx
    Private_message
    hi you ! I normaly go for running tomorow at 14.45. Just for 30-45 min. If you want to come, you'll be welcome
    Private_message
    Hi Anya and Hi all,

I am also new in Lyon and I am looking for new friends (locals or just arrived like me).

Why don't we organise something (a drink, a walk around or whatever)?
    Private_message
    Bienvenue dans notre petite ville alors :)
    Private_message
    Welcome to Lyon, I'm free this weekend!! What do you wanna do?
    Private_message
    HI everybody what are you up for this saturday ?
    Private_message
    Hey Anya! I see you're a PhD in cancer research - I will be moving to Lyon in May for several months to do some research at IARC as part of my Master's in cancer genetics! Maybe you can show me around when I arrive :)
    Private_message
    Hey guys - how about a mid-week drink? Tuesday (26th) or Wednesday (27th)? Does anyone have a pub recommendation? Lena - I'm doing a postdoc at IARC! I would love to show you around when you get here - i will know the city better by then ;o) It is pretty incredible here
    Xx
    Private_message
    Tuesday will be great ! What about " Les fleurs du malt" in Vieux Lyon or " Les poupées russes " in Hotel de ville ? :D
    Private_message
    Hi! don't forget the weekly Couchsurfing meeting if you want to meet people! It's Monday at the Leone's Bar (Lyon 2).
    I'm ok for tuesday ot wednesday anyway!
    See you
    Private_message
    Hi Anya! I will be in Lyon for 2or 3 days from wednesday to friday-maybe saturday...due to job interviews and me either, I don't know the city.
    if you want to take a walk with me, discover the city or just having a coffee, I am your "man" lol... send me a mp... see you soon
    Private_message
    Great idea from Anthony, but how much people can we count on?!
    Over 6/7 we'll need to "book" a place even though it's a pub or a random bar.. I know it's holidays, so people are out of town but still ... I picture easily a 10+people group going from door to door (in the snow) asking for seats =/

Shall we set up an CSevent to make things easily as this post is 3 weeks old?!

I know a few nice places in between Jean Macé and Guillotière, cheaper and less "m'as tu vu" than presqu'ile or vieux Lyon (I meant "come as you are, nobody gives a damn thing about what you look like" ^^)
    Private_message
    Agree with you Herve, Looking forward for the place and time! i would like to join as well.
    Private_message
    Herve - great idea. I don't want to step on the official monday meet ups' shoes but i can't make this monday so a tuesday meet up would be great. Guillotiere area sounds good. Good point about knowing numbers - would you mind setting up the CSevent as i don't know the bars? Looking forward to meeting you!
    Private_message
    Deal =) I'm on it tomorrow after coming back from work =)
    Private_message
    Hervé OTENIN, do announce the time and place so all of us can plan our way there. Thanks!
    Private_message
    Hi, i can take a drink after my work, about 6pm. tell me when you want...
    Private_message
    Marina - GonzoBAR (it's near Guillotiere - check Herve's link)
    Papy - Tu es tres gentil! Premiere pratique française au pub GonzoBar demain? ;o)
    Timothy - you got the time and place?
    Private_message
    Hello, I am french and I live in Lyon. I am really happy to meet you and take a coffee. I am free this week-end. you can call me : 06.27.70.26.16.

See you soon
    Private_message
    Merci Anya, sans probleme; je suis partant pour une petite bierre...after work...je pourrai être sur place pour 19H; si vous êtes ok!?
    Private_message
    Désolée je ne pourrais pas ce soir ni demain. je suis dispos les week-end.
    Merci pour la proposition.
    N'hésité pas à m'envoyer un sms car je ne peux pas toujours venir voir le site de Couchsurfing.
    A bientôt j'espère
    Private_message
    Anya,

I'm proud to see that my city and people from here are so nice ! Now that you have tryed different famous places and bars,i can show u some other cool places that aren't that famous but much much interesting and lovely. Can show u the secret Lyon ^^ I love to share time, advices and great talks so feel free. Off course i'll be speaking French cause u're here for that ;) A très vite !

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.