• Are there any great local places or hidden gems to eat / drink / visit that are not in any of the travel guide books? I am looking for things off the beaten path and that have a eclectic feel. I will be in Melbourne for a days starting the 1st and would love to experience the local Melbourne rather then the touristy haunts.
    Private_message
    Melbourne is full of hidden gems. Most of the good bars, cafes etc are down little lane ways or hidden away. There are a couple of companies that do organised bar crawls but the best bet would be to just wander around the city to discover them for yourself or ask locals - most will be only too happy to help you out.
    Private_message
    Not too sure if it is in the guidebook or not (tourism Melbourne now highlights this excessively unfortunately) but have a stroll down Hardware Lane. It can be a bit busy so maybe go for mid morning coffee or afternoon coffee at a cafe. Also dont walk past La Belle Miette :)
    Private_message
    I just wanted to add that the wiki page is an awesome resource. I think I will need to create a similar page for my City. Thank you Theresa for pointing that out to me.

It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.

• It looks like you're posting an email address or phone number. To protect your privacy, don't post any personal contact information here.